Chocolate tempering machine and distillate

Hey all. I have a 10 pound tempering machine by chocovision.while tempering can I just dump in the 50/50 distillate a MCT oil mix? Will that mix up the oil and chocolate enough. The bowl continuously spins. To me it seems like this would make adding the oil easier without messing the temper up if the oil was at the wrong temp. Thanks so much. Have a great day all

No, don’t use MCT. The chocolate doesnt like mct. It will not temper or set properly. Just get the disty hot and squirt it in with a syringe. I add mine when the bowl is moving and all the chocolate is fluid, before the machine starts to temper.

6 Likes

We had used MCT in the past and it has worked fine but add Cocoa butter instead as to not add an unnessacary ingredient.

Total chocolate weight + disty and 1.5% cocoa butter or 68.1 gram per your 10# batch

2 Likes

Why even do that, when just adding the disty and tempering should be ideal?

1 Like

We find it easier to work with then straight distillate. It helps to make the concentrate more fluid and ensure accurate dosing and homogeniety.

3 Likes

It might be easier, But your delta crystals will never form properly, its a eutectic reaction to the mct. You WILL end up with a sub par chocolate bar that way, unless youre adding other things to stabilize the chocolate. Ive never had an issue with dosing/homogeniety just mixing hot disty with fluid chocolate and letting the machine mix and temper.

1 Like

This is why we switched to using Cocoa Butter. We found it to be a better bar and are just adding a small amount to a product that it already exists in.

3 Likes