Chinese Low Cost Rotovap

Is butane/propane the only solvent used for Live Resin concentrates? Or is CO2 considered as well?
Can you get BHO finished with CO2? Ex. Crumble. I would say you can still make it from CO2 as long as it has enough thca?

But you didn’t actually ASK anything in your first post.

Except about live resin. Which was a hard NO!!

(And you’ve since edited it out…but still no question)

2 Likes

You have a very steep learning curve to overcome entering the Las Vegas market now.

3 Likes

@Dr.stanky is correct, you’re in a rather mature market …for Christ sake don’t waste money on co2

2 Likes

I believe I noted above that’s the last piece we’re worried about.lol I’m getting good with my chromatography.

Yep. And it is a horrible move that you should delete from your plan immediately

Show us what you’re calling chromatography….I’m dubious

Had you come in from pharma, I can see you playing with a Rotovap and actually running chromatography before wrapping your head around live resin. I am almost certain you’re NOT running what most would call chromatography

How much C18 do you have on hand?!?

4 Likes

That’s a fact. Vegas is about who you know. Unfortunately. I worked in the 5 star rest bus for years. All of recommendations. Lot of money. I’m looking to bring my managerial skills into the business. Besides RSO, I have a lot of other ideas that might happen. Like waste management.

awesome.

CO2 is a waste of time and money. Even a free CO2 machine is unattractive in many cases. They work great for terpenes, but there are better solutions for that.

Your competition has already figured this out. Buying a CO2 rig will kill your op. Drop it from your plans and move on.

Show me a single question mark in your first post…

If you’ve got a question in there you think we missed, then please, ask it again.

This time in the traditional form of a question.

?!?

1 Like

Is this
@benbenbravo
Or @LordHashington
These questions feel very similar

2 Likes

Very much did answer your first question.

You need to do more reading and educate yourself. Nobody is making carts with out decarbing first. And if you extract cold, there is no winterizing to be done

1 Like

Have you read: Optimizing your RotoVap

Start there. once you’ve read that thread, use the links below the first post to explore further.

Do you have a controlled leak?
A cold trap?
What style vacuum pump?

What temp are you running your condenser?
Does your chiller keep up or does that temp change over the course of your recovery?

Yep. Although if you don’t have any cannabinoids in there that’s more water than ethanol. Get yourself a proofing gauge and learn how to use it.

Seems like you need to read of azeotropes/heads/tails/hearts to really wrap your head around this.

1 Like

I’m not separated Vitamin D ,lol. Normal polar non polar. Silica gel. Carrier solvent. Stationary phase. Alumina Act included. Bleaching bentonite clay. I luv the idea of having control of a non polar solvent. You can slow mo the filtration. I think I have to wait now to post. Wth. What’s the best way? Is there a pay service? I was locked out. Can’t wait to read your comments. Locked out my 1st day policy.

1 Like

I thoughT I had 200 proof ethanol. I agree water. Had to be.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the new C18. I’m using silica gel as a stationary phase

whats the most optimal way

1 Like

I am aware but not about the cart with Live Resin. I’m clear now on the procedure. Would you say the easiest and preferred is distillate. It’s easy but is anyone decarbing crude and then using chromatography to clean it up for carts? I personally don’t enjoy taking in one cannabinoid only. I can feel the difference. After really hammering cancer for 7 straights months with RSO made from all Triangle Cali flower my body can identify easily what I’m taking.
My testimony is that I felt it driving the painful stage 3 cancer right out of my body and fast!! No chemo or other treatments. I’m super worried about the genetics of our flower!!! I see no more great strains like before. If you take RSO like I do you can tell the strain degradation. Good RSO works for a day plus. The watered down genetics makes it to where I need more in a couple hours. The cannabinoids are weak. I hope a lot of you saved your genetics from the start!!! And can pull seeds the right way.

Clay not used in chromatography. Polishing. I had to say that so we can get to the points

That’s def not what I need. I worked in the alcohol business my whole life. Drank every 1st growth there is. I’m bragging cuz I was the best in Vegas for a while at what I did. No I don’t need to read how to make alcohol or heads, tails, hearts lol.
Respect!!

Since this brand won’t hold a vacuum. It’s hard to go by the graphs for boiling points lowered by vac. You need a strong vac pump. It holds as long as the pump is running. You can feed through the vac close valve tube. You can add parts, bump trap etc,. It works well after you get to know it. You have to figure out your boiling points through trial and error. Start low and ramp up until you see the flask filling. Start at 40C and find the vac level BP with vac adjust valve. Bump to 50C and find that BP. Diff with all Solv.

What causes Ethanol to bump faster? Heat or Pressure?
T/Y