Cheapest Short Path Kit Available

Hey All,

I was wondering who has the info on the cheapest fully turn key short path distillation kit, or if not all in one place what would you recommend for a mantel, glassware, and vacuum pump. I have very little throughput need, and I am only using it to distill terpenes at low temps.

Thanks,
-Butane

1 Like

5L? Gotta be specific to size.
I can get way cheap with alibaba.

2 Likes

5L would be ideal, not really looking for anything big. I could probably even get by with a 2L

1 Like

Looks like sub $1000 on alibaba

1 Like

I might have some stuff… I’ve got a used 2L setup I might let go for the right price. Let me look my stuff over tonight when I get home

1 Like

Terpenes only?

USALab is a good bang for your buck option, in my opinion

3 Likes

I have some 5L parts and stuff I can let go for cheap.

4 Likes

I personally inspected these, if you’re looking for a good deal, go with @moveweight’s stuff.

4 Likes

I don’t presently have a plan to use the short path stuff due to having two wipers. So I’d be interested in selling what is sitting. You can dm me for photos / number.

3 Likes

I mean if it we were me, id get a custom rig from china for low temp terp pulls, or just get the shortest head u can from off the shelf parts.
Lol if ur doing for terps, i think a 2L should be sufficient.
I was even looking into a 1L custom terp rig for myself, cuz even a lb of hte is hard for me to come by.

I do have an extra lab society 2L 20/45 head is let go by itself. Not sure what they charge for a head, but I’ll give you a deal on just the head.

If you know what your looking for. Talk to David. Search David + glassware im sure his thread will come up. He makes excellent glass, very inexpensive. The first set i got was USA Lab, wish I would have heard about David before that. Glass quality especially the design was on another level and I thinknit was less expensive.

For an inexpensive mantel you could go to USA LAB or BVV or get on Ali/dhgate and get the same thing minus the customer service for a lot less.

Pump grab an Alcatel 2021i ebay, or you may have a local shop thatll have them depending on where you live. I get them locally for 500 can go in with vac guage and test them all and pick the best one.

Edit: This is David’s thread you can scroll through and see what others have gotten from him. Also production and shipping is very fast. I get stuff from him as fast as from US suppliers.

4 Likes

I wasn’t sure if he or that post was around still. @Ion and myself both purchased 2L SPD setups from David and it works flawlessly. Literally got a full bore setup for like 1k.

2 Likes

You can look at the website, now there are activities, if you need to leave a message on the website, welcome to inquire about the price

What size kit?