Cheapest Recovery Pump?

I don’t use pumps. It all depends on the extractor. I can run active, just prefer not to. I don’t like the hot temps needed to overcome the high vapor pressure they create. They cost too much in maintenance, upwards of a grand a month on regular heavy use.

2 Likes

What kind of vacuum depth can you achieve when recovering out of a vessel using that method?

1 Like

I have a full vac on my tank when I open for recovery,if that’s what you are asking

1 Like

Do you empty your tank and pull a vacuum on it before recovering, or is it done prior to injection

:man_facepalming:t3: Lol. Don’t trust anything I say huh? As @Dred_pirate said. Passive is pretty good for me as well.

I don’t recover a lb per min but I’m sure if I wanted to. I could get close to those numbers with a combination of dry ice slurry and nitro push. I do recover about 1lb every 4-5 mins with no assist. The most gas I have to recover is 8-10 which is easily done inside of 45 mins.

As I said before. You need to make sure your pressure tested perfect. Any leak is gonna extend your process.

there really isn’t that many options for active recovery.

Appion, Tr-21, trs-21, cmep, Haskell, mvp. They all have their positives and negatives. Some are disposable where others are rebuildable. 2 take screw compressor. Some take phase 3 power for the compressors. Some don’t work well
With propane.

The reason I haven’t really went active YET. Is there really isn’t a great pump yet for our industry.

6 Likes

Think I trust u more than anyone bro…

Just like hearing some others too… But I have no need to change the way you got me going, to perfect!

My system seems to be sealed, today I putting her in the tub… Not running for several days to ensure entire system sealed…
My first recovery attempt was sealed perfect and that fast,I had few mishaps so I finally have her back sealed
After research, without doubt

Passive recover times play souly on couple things it looks like to recover fast

1st and foremost, A SEALED SYSTEM!!!

next constant and adequate cryo temps and water temps…

Last but not least, STAGE THAT COLD!!!

I PROMISE IM LEARNING!!!

And it’s nothing but proof bc the couple times I tried not being sealed and not staging right, each time took double the time

@Killa12345 I appreciate everything you’ve done, without help from ppl like you I wouldn’t be able to even operate this thing yet!!!

6 Likes

My solvent tank is pulling a vac anyway, as how cold I keep it, I’m just pulling a vac to remove the nitro to keep my tank at neg pressure.

1 Like

U pull vac w regular pump… Can’t u get it cryo cold and open bleeder on top tank?

I have an SOP in place for removing the nitro. My tank is always sub -50. I usually have it kept at -57. I have a 200lb double jacketed infinity tank.

4 Likes

Huh, never needed a entire sop to release n2.
If your tank is cold you can just pull the pressure relief valve untill it stops.

5 Likes

That’s how I rolled. Although I venteded to the outside world and then directly into the C1D1 exhaust vents.

Would be willing to use a Haskell or CMEP-OL to put it back in a tank too. But I’m fighting an uphill battle against pushing with propane

1 Like

I got lost here in your guys conversation. How on earth are you pulling a vac on your solvent tank during a run? Especially with a 200lb.

Also not sure why the hate on the TRS21’s those things are work horses man back in the day I beat the shit out of those no problem, yeah they’re a bit slow but you get what you pay for. My dual cmep’s have been…meh… fast but lots of bs. Thinking of going passive and using them for backup.

2 Likes

I vac out the nitro from my tank. I don’t just vent it, I pull it back down to vac. I don’t run active, so it’s not during a run, it’s before I start recovery. I have certain pumps and membranes that allow me to pull a vac safely on my tank.

2 Likes

Membranes? Of the semi-permeable variety?

And you’re keeping it secret?

Does that sound like a challenge to anyone else (@Future?)

2 Likes

It’s just a nitrogen permeable membrane. Hydrocarbon molecules are huge compared to nitrogen. In a tank @ -57 there should be next to nil hydrocarbon vapors, but if there were. They can stay put. I can pull vac and not hurt any pumps, vapor (if possible) in the air, and recover at a very high rate and low temp

11 Likes

That sounds like a brilliant idea, and might be all I need to get my nitrogen tank installed :+1:

2 Likes

Maybe someone should design an explosion proof sparkless diaphragm pump that recovers explosive hydrocarbons.

1 Like

https://www.windycitysolvents.com/products/master-vapor-mvp-6cfm-explosion-proof-recovery-pump?variant=17738656383033&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5_vcosO83wIVph-tBh0qfgyBEAQYASABEgIhCvD_BwE
Try this!

3 Likes

Woof!

Does $12k qualify as the cheapest recovery pump these days?

Or just the least expensive one likely to get the job done?

4 Likes

For that price, if you had a jacketed tank, you could buy a chiller and an lc02 jacketed coil to run passive. Probably save a couple bucks and run faster. Not to mention silent.

2 Likes