Cheap hobby cls parts

Definitely a good starter kit. Even with big name companies i always gotta replace something. So for the price you can’t really beat it. Hell i ran a 1lb system from Ablaze up until january this year.

2 Likes

Definitely, I’m pretty satisfied with the pot I purchased. I bought it at the time for like a hundred bucks, and I’d buy it again in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

Why not just use a commercial Refrigerant Recovery Tank? Found on amazon 30lbs tanks at $140.

I got to save money where I can.

1 Like

Depends on the size of your system I guess, someone blasting a smaller amount may only want a smaller tank, and some people prefer all stainless steel.

I myself have a little mastercool 15, so I agree they are an option.

1 Like

they are generally not clean and you can do a shit ton more with a stainless tank with valves and sightglasses compared to the amazon tank, I started with the amazon tank and quickly came to regret that decision.

4 Likes

The prices are on the rise. Guess the deals were just too good.

I saw that too, I know someone from this forum took advantage before they did at least.

3 Likes

I ordered one of the 18" columns. I figure $100 and it’s a column, a reducer, and maybe a shower head cap. That’s cheap $

3 Likes

If anybody’s looking to get some decent replacement valves to swap out on one of these turds there’s a nice spot in my neighborhood

2 Likes

Lol, so much hate. Both @destroytec and I have had these valves pressure tested and found no leaks.

@Idab916 used something from them for a year as well.

I’m gonna dunk that tank I have in some salt water next to see if it rusts. If not, I’d say they aren’t complete turds.

Actually over 2 years.

1 Like

Yeah they’re actually decent valves if you stay under 100 psi. They beat the purple bvv valves any day. What I wasn’t impressed with was the welds. Pretty jank. Next to a 50lb Mastercool for reference.

1 Like

Those definitely are not pretty. But I guess if they hold, they hold.

The welds on my little tank aren’t too bad.

1 Like

I know their supplier from Alibaba and they charge the same as amazon. At that price with amazon shipping you can’t beat it. The npt welds are fine, just the handle welds are super sloppy.

2 Likes

My mistake, the only valves I looked at were on the 450 gram closed column tube that look extremely sketchy, others look fine. The name is still hilarious though

2 Likes

Totally agree about the name haha, anything fire related and extract equipment isn’t great.

1 Like

I put fire in and get fire out.

3 Likes

Touche’!

2 Likes

By the way @shattertramp is absolutely right about those closed columns. Those valves are absolute trash, I’d trust harbor freight ones over those.

1 Like

Thanks for the head’s up! Took a look at their sale, and picked up a 1.5 gallon vac chamber with a 3cfm pump for 80 bucks. I knew there was a reason I waited forever to upgrade from mason jars with the foodsaver. Also ordered a digital heat pad for the vac chamber for 45 bucks. $125 isn’t bad at all for my poor-man’s hobby vac oven. :slight_smile:

3 Likes