Chad Investment Opportunity in a MA Cultivation Facility - 60% Funded

Those are on the top of the list, they look good. Can get a decent deal on mammoth, fluecyne ( not sure how it’s spelled) and a few other ones ill have to ask about those. Seems like most are all anoit the same specs- wattage etc.

1 Like

Those are actually worth a damn? I couldn’t tell if it was bull shit or not from my rep

Its all good bro. I am just here to learn. I admire that you are out there working at scale and have flowered more plants than most. Was curious about yield vs quality in different spaces. 100% costs matter - all day, every day, but if the end product sells for less, than that matters too. Every state is different, as my electricity rates are less than 10 cents/kwh, so cost benefit has to be done for each climate and market. When my state finally goes legal, I will likely indeed hit you on that paid consult. Until then, just dreaming and trying to plot a course for the future. Best…

3 Likes

Best advice to answer all of your questions is start growing and doing R&D as that is what cultivation is about.

5 Likes

I wish you would have told me you were there. That place was a real shit show when it was operational and I can show you all the things we did to make the facility next door work.

Edit: I just reread and realised you might not be talking about the vacant doc robb greenhouse.

Good luck. Massachusetts is never gonna have a good market with decent prices. Good effin luck on trying though.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Exactly what we are talking about. The OP seems to think its 160k sqft and is pumping out enough quality flower to ask for 38M.

5 Likes

Let me share a few personal experiences/facts about this joke… first let me show you a quote that proves Dr robb is a scammer and a joke.

“Dr. Robert Flannery is the first PhD in the United States with certified technical expertise in growing commercial Cannabis.” Must’ve had his research accredited by Berner.

People came to our lab from Dr. Robb to talk about contract work, long story short they just wanted to see how to do things properly for future projects.

I’ve had relations with people from Rove who have used them in their featured farms for a couple years, im not gonna say they talked trash or anything but they came around looking for FF and a new processor when real live resin pens hit the market and they probly realized most their line tasted like hay.

This guy took an original investment of $24 million dollars for 45k sq ft of greenhouse in 2018. 2 years later and they definitely don’t have anything close to that and I have yet to see their product before extraction in stores.

3 Likes

What do you think about the Fohse 640 watt model?

1 Like

I haven’t taken a look at them.

1 Like

Really they didn’t look that great on paper not the best diodes and diode counts not very high if I remember right and they seemed overpriced for what they were

Just pulled the trigger on 1 & controller.

1 Like

What don’t you like about osram diodes?

$800 720w LED with a retail store front warranty.

You won’t be disappointed with the fohse luminars.

1 Like

its not that i dislike them. osram LM-80s are ok. theyre just cheap and an unnecessary shortcut in comparison to LM561 or even LM301’s the diode count isnt great so youre not getting great efficiency, another shortcut for cost savings and theyre charging 880 bucks after shipping. i dont know to me it just doesnt warm the cockles of my heart. Id rather spend the 630 bucks for Meijiu F8 lights that use quality LM301B’s and have a huge diode count. They are a china supplier so youre basically paying an extra 250 bucks per light for an american storefront to sell you a cheaper chinese light.

but, if you buy 10 you can save about 100 bucks per fixture so the margin is a little smaller. i think that actually narrows the margins a bit. still i see this light as a cheaper and less efficient setup in comparison the the 630 dollar Meijiu F8’s

1 Like

So more diodes for less wattage.

Correct, it’s called foresight. I grow and sell cannabis with this light not Strawberries or tomatoes. Said cannabis wholesales for $2500 -$3000 per pound. So I buy insurance for $195(as this is the price difference)incase my China light stops working. I can simply drive back 20min to the store and exchange it. This saves my 2 pound harvest or 5k I plan to make. All while investing in myself as I own stock in growgen.

7 Likes

yes more diodes, less wattage is how you gain efficiency.

having a storefront within driving distance that sells these lights is a whole different ball game. if i had a growgen nearby that stocked these id probably buy them too honestly. but i dont and id have to deal with shipping a dead light and getting a return whereas Meijiu has been good about shipping out replacement bars or parts. oddly enough there is a growgen store about an hour from me but everytime ive tried to buy something there they dont stock anything thats online. its basically an independent operation that was bought out by growgen but doesnt carry the weight of buying power/pricing that growgen corporate should allow. they wont honor any growgen pricing or even carry anything that can be found on growgen’s site lol.

Ive actually ordered twice from growgen online. once for an inline hanna ec/ph probe that they didnt stock and ended up backordered so i cancelled and another time for some phantom DE’s but they shipped direct from hydrofarm so its not like they stocked them and shipped from a growgen warehouse. they operate just like growershouse does as far as online ordering.

1 Like

It doesn’t sound like growgen. There is a simple fix though. Just go on growgens Instagram page. Look for products you use. Comment that the growgen near you never has it in stock. I bet they will have it within 2 weeks.

4 Likes

I’d like to scoop a couple of those ion fixtures to run in my veg setup.

3 Likes

I’ve got my eye out to scoop a good cheap LED for vegging also. I’m using a 450wHPS in my bathroom, and it’s obnoxiously hot. Come summer there’s no way I’ll be able to run that light in there…