Chad Investment Opportunity in a MA Cultivation Facility - 60% Funded

I hope this falls through so a social equity applicant can take your place. We have enough Chad cannabis here in MA.

4 Likes

I think he ended up deciding on hybrid design GHs

3 Likes

If you knew who the first to market was in MA itā€™d make more sense. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m from the area and stayed the fuck away from it

1 Like

Each market has different electricity rates and climate, but I am curious at what general scale does the cost-benefit ratio shift from greenhouse to indoor. Theoretically, if a light dep has the necessary climate dictated cooling, heating, dehuey and hepa filtering with similar co2 and light intensity levels as indoor, it should be exactly the same quality. But I think that these high build out per sq ft numbers show that trying to master the environment in a greenhouse at large scale is a very expensive proposition. Still needs massive amounts of power, albeit less. Do these monster green houses use typical off-the-shelf commercial HVAC equipment or specialized and very expensive customized offerings?

1 Like

Part of the issue with greenhouses in Mi (I would assume MA to be the same) is they have to be heated 8-9 months out of the year so the ones around here are set up with huge industrial boilers and radiant piping systems which also serve as trolly rails for platform lifts for harvesting and plant management. They pump the CO2 from the boiler exhaust into the grow rooms as well. They are set up exactly like the huge comercial greenhouses they grow tomatoā€™s and peppers in, there are over 100 acres of produce greenhouses about a half hour south of where I live. The DUā€™s they use are just large commercial units, typically 50-65 ton units run in parallel. The controls alone are a huge expense for large grows a lot of people forget about, controls equipment, devices, installation, and programming for a 100k sf grow can easily be over 1mil, and thatā€™s not including all the IP and MSTP infrastructure needed to make it all work.

3 Likes

Yeah Bro, when you really start to pencil things in itā€™s amazing when you realize just HOW MUCH everything costsā€¦ Sure you get the fabric pots for $1 a piece, but when you need to order 100,000 at a time (in each size) shit gets out of control very very very quickly!

2 Likes

I went and toured a 10 sqft facility today. They have not grown since 2018 and I was told that it wasnā€™t pretty when they were growing. Greenhouses for cannabis need to be kept at a certain size to product good flower.

This is the key and using specialty systems that are designed for the job at hand. A 5 ton carrier is not designed for greenhouses. So you have an ideaā€¦

My structure(5500sqft) cost is 120k and the HVAC system is 165k.

11 Likes

You going with vfr system?

1 Like

Bestech 20t RTUā€™s x 4

5 Likes

Economizers would be good to look in to.

This all sounds like a horrible investment. I donā€™t understand why these big companies keep popping up with these huge facilities, yet canā€™t produce a quality product to save their lives. There is a 40 acre greenhouse in Arizona called ā€œCopperstate Farmsā€ that is absolute garbage. They literally grow the most basic strains from the 90ā€™s and 2000ā€™s and wonder why they canā€™t sell any of the flowerā€¦

Just because you have millions of dollars in capital, does not mean that you are able to produce millions of dollars of value

6 Likes

Good reference. How do you think your general build out costs would compare with a new construction 5500 sq ft warehouse (200-250 DE HPS lights) vs same size greenhouse? How much supplemental light you running for that space? LED or DE?

1 Like

I got $300 on it. What is my rate of return?

7 Likes

They are comparable as far as structural costs. The benefits are in the overhead savings and yield increases using the sun. 72 fhose 06i 1200w LED for 530umol canopy.

4 Likes

Those fohse ledā€™s look slick, you ran them.

1 Like

Interesting. I get the cost savings of less electricity, but what amount of quantifiable yield increase do you estimate with your hybrid (sealed with co2 in some fashion I imagine) greenhouse? Always thought yield, dictated significantly by genetics and proper environment, was more a function of canopy space, light intensity and veg time, and that light intensity (with the added heat to be removed) could be increased to levels over what the sun provides naturally resulting in bleaching and cellular damage. I get the inverse square law that lets large outdoor plants receive even intensity from top to bottom, but donā€™t most bigger ops run shorter plants with minimal veg? Would your increase in yield result in lower potency? Costs aside, how would the yield and quality vary from the same strain being run in your best dialed-in indoor space vs greenhouse with the exact same amount of canopy space and veg time? Appreciate your responses.

There is an equation and part of that equation is photon energy.

If you are day dreaming, dream on.

Canā€™t do that.

I quantify appreciation with something of worth/value. So le me know how much(:moneybag:) you ā€œappreciateā€ my response.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s what I am using for the supplemental lighting.

2 Likes

Nice, they definitely seem top of the line. Trying to decide what ones im gonna use after the rebuild, got some think gro ones to play with. I like there a3i model

1 Like

Look into the growgen ION LEDā€™s.

2 Likes