Centrifuge w fritted filter

Can confirm

3 Likes

so much for a secret tek

https://www.amazon.com/Adamas-Beta-Centrifuge-Graguated-Conical-Bottom/dp/B07ZP4384J/

here is a better outer house

6 Likes

Ypsili oil posted about this awhile ago, not sure how itā€™s so secret lol.

6 Likes

i should totally print a centrifuge tube rack for the pandaā€¦

24 Likes

every time @StoneD would tell people about it, he would say something like:

ā€œthis is a secret tek, no one knows about itā€

While he told everyone about it

That was the joke

8 Likes

Iā€™m glad our personalities are alike and glad you got that.

Catā€™s outta the bag now :nerd_face::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Or should I say cart

7 Likes

On wednesday im making the most fire carts in the universe

Lol, this is where Iā€™m too literal. I have the worst sense of humor apparently.

2 Likes

There are tubes that you disassemble in two parts. Look for ā€œcentrifugal filtration unitsā€. This is nice for small samples of max few grams, and still requires a high grade centrifuge. For larger batches, recristalzation in adapted solveents sounds more convenient.

Been uaing the ebay fuge for a couple months now. Its solid. The amazon tubes @FicklePickle linked are :fire:

4 Likes

Iā€™m kinda late to this thread, is this to separate mined diamonds from sauce ?

1 Like

Whatā€™s panda rpm?
Blood centrifuge is like 3500

Iā€™m making an insert for the centrifuge we sell and having the boys in fabrication whip me up some 2L stainless tubes with a variety of sintered material inserts in varying micron.

Hopefully can run 4-6 liters of crude per spin.

DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS ON A CHEAP FUGE!

2 Likes

3200 rpm iirc.

I have a jedi trick with washing/filtering thru a panda. Almost floodable w/o issues.

Now I said ā€œfloodableā€ not spinning and washing.

1 Like

The cheep ass fuge I bought was like $180 and it runs 6ozā€™s in 1-1.5hrs I wouldnā€™t even bother with making it for the panda.

2 Likes

Please do

1 Like

What matters more are the corresponding ā€œgā€ you get for a given rotor dimensions. The smaller the rotor, the fasterr it must spin for an equivalent centtrifugal force.

2 Likes

I had to buy two of those little fuges to get anything done. A large throughout option would be really nice. For the price though, these little shits canā€™t be beat

1 Like

bro we laughed so hard at this at the lab today :laughing: :rofl:

whereā€™s the result photos?!

2 Likes

Lol not sure I lost that phone

1 Like

i think the vessel needs to be an an angle or the molecules wont slide up and down. thatā€™s why you see fuges with 4-6 vessels. so they can angle them and balance it all out.

A for effort and A+ for balls. also you highlight a good issue. we need to come up with a fuge specifically for separating crystals and mother liquor.

we started brainstorming today. need a good motor with speed > torque. and then a frame to hold vessels. the design of the china fuge is very simple. i see now they sell ones with 4 100ml tubes. looks like the same unit with a different ruber tube frame.

then you need to design optimal vessel. SS? canā€™t see and heavy. plastic? glass?

my cheap fuge says it gos 4k rpm. the panda says 3.2k rpm. probably good enough. does the mass of load effect this? i donā€™t know much about electric motors.

iā€™d like to be able to do at least 500g at a time. i need 4 cheap fuges. itā€™s still cost effective, but itā€™s tedious work emptying those little 50 ml tubes.

2 Likes