Centrifuge w fritted filter

wood you bewailing to share that tech im use a centrifuge and no luck

its all in the OP buddy lol

put extract in tubes, make sure they all weight the same, spin for 1-2 hours.

are you using the filtered tubes or rosin bag?

Question for all the fuge users and decarbers;

Is there a noticeable change in taste from the terps if you spin off the resin, decarb and then recombine together and leave in a jar in a fridge for a couple of weeks?

As opposed to doing the same but carting up straight away? thanks

1 Like

Iā€™m curious about this as well.
definitely a noticeable difference if you do this with badders (IME)ā€¦ not a different profile, but just a better/stronger nose
But I havenā€™t really noticed it as much with decarbā€™ed and remixed live for cartsā€¦

If youā€™re decarbing resin slowly and properly thereā€™s not a significant difference IMO. True connoisseurs can tell the difference but I am not one of those people. I would hypothesize the general population wouldnā€™t be able to discern the difference.

Ive done batches where I poured off the terps before decarbing and ones where I was honestly in a bad mood and lazy and said fuck it and left them in and tbh i couldnt tell you which one is which, as long as you dont overcook and you decarb under pressure youll be fine.

1 Like

Im definitely seeing a difference with spinning off the terps first with the fuge rather than decarbing low and slow without spinning them off, but just wondering if there is a difference of carting up straight after mixing the hte with the decarbed thca together

or leaving the mix in a fridge for a week and then into carts, does the terp profile change?

oh i misunderstood my bad.

terp profile should not change if its sealed and not introduced to any heat, youre g2g in a fridge for a week or whatever IMO.

1 Like

Centrifuge is on itā€™s way!

I purchased some 50mL tubes with filters but there are no fritted filter inserts, just round filters. That wonā€™t work for me.

Iā€™m in Canada so sourcing these can be fun. Amazon wants me to spend nearly $200 to get 25 tubes and filter baskets, half of which is shipping!

Do you know where I can get just those fritted filter inserts? I am just doing some tests so only need 2-4 (45uā€¦ or anything really. I can replace filters) to fit the 50mL tubes at the moment.

41ITw-8LAcL1

Thanks!

I am in the same situation. Here in the states, but didnā€™t exactly want to drop $100+ on just the vial to give it my first attempt haha.
Anyone know of a spot with smaller quantities - or an alternative that would be better regardless?

Shooting ya a msg joshman - I will probably buy a batch if I donā€™t find anything and could just sell ya a handful n send them

1 Like

yeah buy the tubes and 25mic 2inch rosin bags

1 Like

@durr is on point.

You might could add something along the lines of

https://www.amazon.com/BAOLSLS-Screens-Stainless-Portable-Cleaning/dp/B09ZHF6L8Y/

Which might already be in your old cannabis combustion kit if Iā€™m reading their label correctly.

Aka find and assortment of at your local head shopā€¦

Or run just the SS screen after sourcing the correct OD and mesh/micron rating. Somewhere between 1 and 100um, and it varies depending on what youā€™re spinning IMO

I am in no way claiming 5/8 is the correct OD. But itā€™s not an unreasonable first guess.

Youā€™re not concerned it wonā€™t work are you?

how about you @Joshman?

The only place it fails is if youā€™re getting your input on the retail rec marketā€¦.and thatā€™s more about the right tooling not the tek.

eg something like this that can spin 1gram per tube is $50 new on ebay.

Iā€™ve seen them with as few as 4 tubesā€¦but not that spun at 4000rpm.

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 7.22.55 PM

we used to fake this setup with a pin-hole poked in a nested tube once upon at time. it took finesse to make the correct size. you want tapered so it doesnā€™t clog, which is about not pushing the needle all the way through. stopped pretty quick once these came on the market.

what scale are you aiming to play this?

1 Like

After reading as much as I can find here Iā€™m confident it will work.
My concerns areā€¦

1. The Ld-3 I bought doesnā€™t last more than a couple runs
  2. It works so well I then just immediately want to upgrade to an L550
  3. If works semi OK and the method Iā€™ve been using (decarb without separating/reintroducing terps) is about the same

Minor concerns in comparison to the $100, butā€¦ yeah! I appreciate you asking.

Edit: Iā€™m not sure how you grab the text piece to respond to directly

1 Like

Been using mine for almost 3 years, as long as you properly balance your runs and clean it once in a while it will last, and unless your an actual lab making product at scale there absolutely no reason to buy a 550, either buy another LD unit or get something cheap off ebay if you want to scale upā€¦I cant tell you how many thousands of dollars ive saved people by telling them to get a used one off ebay lol

I going to be using an LD-5.

I only have (mostly) buttered rosin as a medium and not a lot of itā€¦ yet.

EDIT: My goal is to isolate the THCA and not collect terps right now. First things first.

Since I already have the 50mL tubes, Iā€™d love to grab a few fritted inserts. Iā€™ll try lining with the 25u rosin bag, at least for a proof of concept but I like the idea of the plastic shroud to limit loses due to stuck THCA or what have you.

I just like to do things right with what I have at my disposal.

Shooting ya a msg joshman - I will probably buy a batch if I donā€™t find anything and could just sell ya a handful n send them

@Kookiemonsta Iā€™m game! :slight_smile:

1 Like