Centrifuge w fritted filter

I just call it as i see it :joy:

1 Like

You can probably go faster if you thread the lid over the bag

2 Likes

How fast are you able to get with the bags vs baskets?

1 Like

Depends on the weight

1 Like

I am currently on this path and i seem to love this tek. Is it solventless ? Can we put rosin in it to seperate the waxes ?

How will the waxes seperate from the THCa crystals ?

If you reintroduce terpenes, do you reintroduce them all of just a couple of drops ?

I want to make a home fool proof procedure to make rosin carts without any lipids and waxes and i think this is the way to go ?

thank you for your time

1 Like

This will get you two fractions; THCA + “the rest” of whatever you started with.

If that “rest” is a fatty waxy mess you would not want to huff, then it is not going to help you.

If you currently huff your rosin at home, and are ok with all that that involves, then you can certainly separate your thca, decarb, and add some or all of the “terpene” fraction back.

Just understand that you have NOT removed any fats or waxes.

If you separate, you don’t need to get fancy with the decarb (no terpenes to wreck if they’re in a different jar). If you DONT separate, then you will want to use an inert atmosphere and/or Decarb under pressure to retain terps?

2 Likes

@Waxplug1 Just a heads up, people have Swabbed those and found the Paulie jars contain Lead. We use glass jars in a 3d printed sleeve to hold it secure in the buckets.

4 Likes

I haven’t had any extracts test for lead. I’ll do some tests on my end. Thank you for bringing that to our attention

2 Likes

Why risk using glass when you can use stainless cups though?

4 Likes

316 or 304 Stainless should be fine but other metal cups will start to degrade from exposure to the terpenes/solvent :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

You can spin pyrexes in the square buckets

If it don’t shatter it don’t matter…

7 Likes
3 Likes

Mine at least came out whole

3 Likes

Fixed it

:rofl::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

These are the ones I’m using now

14 Likes

Do you have a solution for the 6x1liter buckets in the beckmanns?

We can adapt to the ones that fit 4x600ml rotors (and have), but I’d like to get more in there…

1 Like

That’s what she said.

4 Likes

Yep. Becky always wants more…she’s got a sister too.

7 Likes

Do you mean a cup and basket that takes advantage of the bucket size?

Soon

5 Likes