Centrifuge w fritted filter

You used keif and added 10% pentane for nucleation then evaporated the pentane via vacuum and and weighed out vials and spun for 2 hours? I want to know the process lol

1 Like

Holy fuck.tell me what is going on here

1 Like

So did it work???

1 Like

Speaking of using centrifuge… how do people separate Terps from they bho runs using benchtop centrifuge? I’ve heard of some people using it… not sure how the whole process would turn out. What product would work best for the separation and how good is the Terps from when things get finished?

They use tubes with a frit. There is at least one thread on the subject. Turns out it’s not this one :slight_smile:

4 Likes
5 Likes

This tech is amazing. Didn’t get a pic of how green the sugar was, has a blowout and the kief just wrecked the color.

Bought the centrifuge stuff, thinking it wouldn’t work as advertised, worked EXACTLY as advertised. Holy shit.

8 Likes

Now how do you get the bottom layer out? Do you have to cut the tubes?

There’s a link in this thread to an amazon page that sells these exact ones, the small tube perfectly fits in the larger one and is able to be removed without cutting, just twists out and can be re-used

1 Like

Nice ! Which centrifuge did you end up getting? How many grams does each tube hold?

1 Like

Generic amazon one, they’re literally all the same, it just spins…tubes are universal.

Tubes held roughly 22g of that green sugar

1 Like

Do you have a link to the tubes?

Edit: here it is for anyone who wants it. $5.60/tube.
Greiner Bio-One 227290P Polypropylene Leucosep Tube with Porous Barrier, Conical Bottom, Sterile, Un-Filled, 50 mL Capacity (Pack of 25) Amazon.com

3 Likes

@MasterBlaster

https://www.amazon.com/eCon-Lab-Supply-Centrifugal-Filters/dp/B01EIAXMN4/ref=mp_s_a_1_105?keywords=centrifuge+filter+tube&qid=1583638938&sprefix=centrifuge+filter+&sr=8-105

Only 1.80 a tube

The ones you listed have to be cut to be drained

3 Likes

Those don’t appear to come with the filtering membrane per the description. The smaller tested tube has slits in it, and a membrane would need to be placed on it. Is there a separate membrane that can be purchased?

Maybe I’m missing something. Can anyone who had ordered them confirm?

I can confirm, I’ve bought these specifically and so have many other members. I have a bag of them right now

5 Likes

Can confirm

5 Likes

Can confirm

3 Likes

so much for a secret tek

https://www.amazon.com/Adamas-Beta-Centrifuge-Graguated-Conical-Bottom/dp/B07ZP4384J/

here is a better outer house

6 Likes

Ypsili oil posted about this awhile ago, not sure how it’s so secret lol.

6 Likes

i should totally print a centrifuge tube rack for the panda…

24 Likes