Centrifugal Partition Chromatography

Item: Gilson CPC & PLC

Price: DM for pricing

The VERITY® CPC Lab System combines a PLC Purification System with a centrifugal partition chromatography (CPC) system for high-level target compound purification. This automated, cost-effective, liquid-liquid purification technique utilizes reusable, silica-free chromatographic columns to streamline your workflow and allow you to quickly isolate specific molecules with high yields and purity.

1 Like

Can you show us some of the cool things you were able to do with it?

2 Likes

I’ve had several discussions with Gilson and their team in France regarding some potential uses. I plan to run some small trials with their small unit soon and if it works as I think it should, upgrade to their skid system but it should allow me to take my ethanol extract, push it through some quick filtration and then run it right into the CPC that after solvent recovery should leave me with a 90%+ pure THC oil.

This is all theory of course, I need to try it but the initial results from their team in France are promising. A lot of people use it for the opposite purpose, to make their CBD distillate compliant by removing the THC fraction.

3 Likes

this works amazingly.

2 Likes

The Gilson does? We are seriously considering switching to this from Flash- had a lot of convos with our area rep, and it’ll run flash too if all else fails so I feel like it’s worth looking into

Could this separate CBD and thc and maybe d8 in a production style feed?

What ever happened to the molecular imprinted polymers? Sounded like it would have changed the game with thc remediation.

3 Likes

They’re still operating… I think they priced their way out of general recognition.

1 Like

Surprising that nobody has sought to figure it out for themselves.

Yes, the Gilson 1L column is capable of running 3-4 kg per day depending on the material and method parameters. You could get up to 5 kg if you were running high thc material because of the elution speed. I’ve been running the same solvents for like a year and a half completely recycled.
There’s a couple on eBay for 80k right now. If you go for it and need help let me know.

2 Likes

affinity chroma targeting the 10a hydrogen would solve a lot of headaches and allow people to make reactions much cleaner. In my near future perfect world scenario, I envision funneling in a lattice structure of these that would dissolve in my rxn solvent and bind to my compound of interest.

1 Like

I’m sure there are people working on it. But that is a project that requires substantial r&d capital. So I’m not surprised if nobody is blabbering about it on future.

3 Likes

sooooo open source when?

I just figured someone would have come to market with a cheaper alternative. Wonder if the patent is actually enforceable.

Creating a whole new material in bulk is not cheap, that’s for sure. MIP in general is not cheap.

1 Like

is this unit still for sale?

There’s one for sale here—

1 Like