CBG to CBC

That biomass got cbc as main cannabinoids, or is it still a cbd biomass ?

I know cbd strains cbd that will produce up to 2-3 cbc in specific conditions, but comming with 7-14% cbd as well.

2 Likes

Any luck?

Please email me: Travis@vthemp.com

I know of a group that is creating CBC from yeast. It is not derived from hemp or cannabis but will always test the same on a COA. Not something I work with but it’s interesting.

5 Likes

I think anyone’s best bet here is reproducing the enzymatic process in the plant

2 Likes

I know of at least one CBC dominant strain that’s trying to make it to market for 2020 grows.

Theres a synthetic route; I’ve been successful in doing it; its tricky and dangerous though; expensive too. I’m looking to scale up my method to the reactor scale soon.

I’m at the point where I know my method works; it’s just a matter of dialing in the stociometrics.

4 Likes

yea my fear with any synthetic route is it will be hard to get high selectivity to the important bits - giving terrible yields

CBG is already too expensive for my blood and that’s just the starting material.

I haven’t dug too much outside of a couple hours, but this is next on my list of conversions

If you start with isolate; then the chance of side reactions and radical formations is fairly low WITH dialed stociometrics; but that said; chroma is required after the fact to clean it up; been waiting for the CBG isolate prices to drop further before I spend a few weeks burning through product trying to get everything dialed x)

I agree tho; that biochemical enzymatic conversions will be the future. Will be crazy when people can use CBGA as a substrate to convert to anything.

8 Likes

How did this go? Dm me, also let me know if you are ever on the East coast I would love to meet up and chat. I have a lot of good ideas.

1 Like

Anyone have any updates on this CBG to CBC conversion reaction pathway?

2 Likes

I would be interested in learning more about this strain - can you share any information?

I’ve got 200kg of CBG isolate ready for conversion if anyone wants to buy it! Asking $1750/kg for ALL 200kg.

1 Like

just checking in to see if there were any updates on the conversion of CBG to CBC

2 Likes

What are you converting it to? I may buy if you can explain the process.

1 Like

To CBC

2 Likes

Do you have a sop you can share? Is it an acidic reaction?

1 Like

Oh yeah he has an SOP on a conversion almost no one is doing that he would gladly share…

:face_with_monocle: :man_cook: :mage: :male_detective:

7 Likes

They have a synth for it in the old literature but it uses chloranil so I doubt it’s viable

1 Like

I do know that CBG → CBC can be done in an acidic environment, but I don’t know of a controlled way to do it. If you shortpath raw supercritical CO2 oil you can get D8 from D9 and CBC from CBG, I would wager the reaction is driven by carbonic acid, although there could certainly be other things at play extracted from the plant.

2 Likes

You can make it with an acid but you won’t get high enough conversion to get an isolate IMO

MW of cbg is 316, MW of cbc is 314

It’s a dehydrogenation reaction youre pulling 2 hydrogens

@thesk8nmidget try your cbn sop on some cbg isolate

4 Likes