CBG seed group buy

Can I get 100 seeds?

2 Likes

I see I see. Makes perfect sense.
Best of luck man!

When you see a picture of Table Rock in the background and a distinct, white-trichome monster flower in the foreground, please realize that you are being scammed.

The CBD Inc. seeds are being sold in a typical pyramid scheme. CBD Inc. ----> Point3 Farma ----> thousands of “brokers”---->customer. Best way to shield yourself from a lawsuit in legal transactions (consumer’s detriment); also, best way to shield yourself from arrest when operating in illicit markets (fall guy’s detriment).

If anyone has actual CBG seed from CBD Inc. immediately available, please contact me via email. seth@jackhempicine.com. We can sequence a seedling’s genome in a couple days and let the appropriate people know what’s going down if my suspicions are correct (CBD seed being sold as CBG); if it is actually CBG, we can tell you if it is a knock-off or derivative of our work (i.e. unstable), feminization rate, etc. If it truly is a novel, feminized pure CBG variety, I’d gladly report that as well. I think our entire breeding team would breath a sigh of relief to find out the existing hemp market has other players trying to do good chemotype work instead of just bastardizing ours for a quick buck.

7 Likes

please let us all know what you find out with sequencing, im sure alot of people will pump the brakes once they see what they’re actually planting.

1 Like

Is seed genome sequencing something you guys offer on the side? Like could I pay to have specific seeds analyzed and a summary drawn for me with the conclusions of the sequencing?

5 Likes

Thats going to be the future

No need to grow hundreds of thousands of seeds to find varieties, just test their genome.

I never realized they could tell if a seed came from their lineage, they must have a very specific genome marker they look for.

2 Likes

Well the entirety of the cannabis industry is changing rapidly. The 2018 farm bill is paving the way for full cannabis legislation is my opinion. Which is completely different than decriminalization. It’s been a topic for literally decades and now coming to fruition.

For the last 80ish years cultivators could take any seed they wanted, grow it. Call it what ever they wanted, and no one but LEO could do anything about it.

Now that industrial hemp is listed as an agricultural commodity, there can be legal bite for selling not only ripped off genetics. But mislabeling a strain by name.

The rules of big agricultural are coming. Breeders that have spent years, even decades can now get legal protection for thier creations.

On that topic @seth have yall pondered a licensing agreements for cloning. Just like system administrators use for licensing software. It would make the process a lot easier IMO. Even if it takes an ISO certification on the books to ensure compliance.

3 Likes

We don’t–3 reasons: capacity, legal issues, and ethical / functional considerations.

Our sequencer runs 24/7 on our work currently; we’ll have another one delivered next spring to get caught up with our screening and cataloging needs.

Even if we had the capacity, I don’t like the idea of sequencing outside material, unless for non-profit purposes and/or contributing to the larger body of science in a way useful to everyone. Too many legal implications, ethical issues, and accusations of being like Phylos, since that’s exactly what their underlying business model actually was.

The final nail for us is one of results: everyone in the cannabis genomic space is still getting their feet under them. We have looked into every possible genotyping service on the market; until late last year, little of the data had enough accuracy to even guess at functional features that growers and breeders would care about. The cannabis genome is a nightmare for bioinformaticists due to its highly repetitive (>70%) and polymorphic nature; to get truly accurate, useable results for this plant required two technologies that basically didn’t exist until last spring (Pacific Bioscience Sequel II–the sequencer) (Agilent Systems Femto Pulse–next-gen DNA fragmentizer). The previous record for cannabis genome coverage was 100x which means that every A, T, C, and G that makes up the entire plant’s DNA was read 100 times. It took about a year for that project to happen. Our new system (and more importantly, the scientist making it happen) averages 145x coverage per run and we are able to crank out 4 whole genomes per week. That gives us the “what could be” map of the organism’s DNA. The “what is” (RNA expression measured over time in relation to environmental stimuli) still needs to be captured. Complicated shit compared to just growing some plants and taking notes. Even with all that information and a literal open door (funded) genomics lab at our land grant university, the technology and know-how are not in place to give people accurate answers to much of the information they would really want. That makes it morally problematic to offer anything like “genomic services” at this stage of our collective understanding.

7 Likes

Yes, the specific markers are heritable genes required for (1) our unique flowering response and (in the case of CBG) (2) specific non-functional CBDA synthases. These were filed separately with the USPTO with our utility patents for breeding techniques. Important to remember: you can’t patent nature, but you can patent specific ways of harnessing nature that creates predictable outcomes if you are the first to do so. It’s weird (big scheme of things), but rewards those with cool solutions a reason to share them with the public (for 20 years, then they are gifted to the world for any use). Not something we like to reference, but a mandatory component of joining the formalized economy.

5 Likes

Sounds like composition patents - 20 years.

1 Like

We make seed for farmers and eschew entanglements with other entities. Seed plants are always superior producers to clones because of their unique root structure (tap root) and will always be cheaper to produce. Instead of licensing, we are putting our efforts into making natural seeds that perform exactly like a clone. All of the benefits of seed, plus the stability of a clone. Shooting for 2022, but don’t hold me to it.

6 Likes

Well that would be an amazing feat. Will be following :grin:

I couldn’t help it. Keep up the great work.

4 Likes

Where you manage to find the time to explain such wizardry to laymen like me is impressive on its own :muscle:t3:

Thanks for all your contributions to cannabis (humanity) and our humble little extraction forum.

5 Likes

Still able to get in on this phenomenal opportunity?

:eyes: price change but since I just realized who Seth, was

Have CBG seeds and seedlings for sale with COA and an option to add crop insurance. We’re very excited to add crop insurance this year! Seeds are tested and verified testing with 16% CBG. Priced at $1 per seed and $1.50 for seedlings. Minimum order of 5,000. Would love to talk in more detail if anyone is interested. If you are please send an email to kyledev22@yahoo.com, and I will be sure to get back to you! Happy Friday yall!!

I bought my CBG from here.
White or
Stem cell for biomass

Paging Dr. Greenthumbs…
CBG increases CB-1and CB-2 receptivity.
Henceforth making all other cannabinoids More thoroughly received into your receptors and therefore making all other
Cannabinoids More effective and more bioavailable for you earthlings!
To the Roots and Origins of all Wisdoms, Knowledge, and Information! Get some.
…

Without knocking your source, I would not pay that much because:

1. Every CBD breeder that survived 2019 has a CBG strain for 2020.
  2. CBG market will flood like CBD did this year, dropping prices drastically (already happening).
  3. I’ve seen seed from reputable breeders for much much less.

Talk to the following companies before making a final decision (I’m not affiliated with any of them):

Alterra Hemp
Windham Farms
Blue Forest
Liquid Mellow

Not sure if any of them will be right for you, but they’ve been fantastic to deal with in my 2020 research.