CBDV distillation thoughts

I didn’t make this, the purple is a dead give away it’s cbd v that they used a metallic catalyst on

2 Likes

So the purple would be the residual cbdv that co-crystallized? I’ve had incomplete d8 rxns distill like the color of barney’s dick so that would make sense

What’s the best way to work with TIBA? I was looking at getting a parr shaker to play around small scale with some things

No, something happens when you use metallic catalyst like triisobutylaluminium to do the ring closure. For some reason instead of getting the “red” ring of death from oxidation its purple like above

It could be cbd quinone or something but I’ve seen cbd free converted d9 liters that do this same thing

It’s something thats almost unavoidable when using triisobutylaluminium

2 Likes

I think hes referring to the cat used to convert giving the color? Wouldnt copper clean that up? @Kingofthekush420

I’ve never heard of using a Parr shaker for triisobutylaluminium, usually a Parr shaker is used for low pressure hydrogenations

1 Like

I dont think it’s the catalyst itself, I think it has to do with the catalyst causing an interaction when you deactivate the remaining triisobutylaluminium in solution with water after the reactions done

1 Like

Well, thats the reason I wanted to get one was to play with hydrogenations, and I didn’t know if you could also use it for working with other metal catalysts

2 Likes

There IS a market for THCV…

2 Likes

My buddy paid like 45 a gram for that stuff or something

1 Like

The purple color isnt from iodine leftover from the reaction? Unsure about the sop used, but that color looks familiar

Iodine is used to make cbn not thc

1 Like

So…seems like one could separate cbdv and cbd via spd. CBDV_1st_Pass_Heads_Golden_Piedmont_Labs_12_31_2021.pdf (118.6 KB)
CBDV_1st_Pass_Golden_Piedmont_Labs_12_31_2021.pdf (118.1 KB)
These were ran 20°C from each other

2 Likes

that makes me so happy to hear!!! you have no idea

on a wiper this would be way easier IMO

what temp did you pull heads at?

and what vacuum level?

1 Like

We’ve got 70kgs to run through the kdt10. Stoked!!

4 Likes

id love to help you try and dial in perameters for this!!!

what temp you gonna terp strip at?

I think hot condenser will be key to blowing the heavy heads by and just getting the cbd v to condense

2 Likes

One thing I would like to point out too is it appears you’re getting a little isomerization during distillation

Was this water washed by chance?

1 Like

I’ve got data I’ll share once I get done with tonight’s festivities. …more to come

1 Like

Nope no water washes
Just etoh @-60c filtered to 1um then gently.decarbed until a was sufficiently converted.

1 Like

I too saw the isomerization and was like :face_with_monocle:

1 Like