CBD topical recipe

How’s it going fellas? So I am looking to make a CBD cream and was looking for ratio formulations. I plan on using 3 fluid oz of carrier(cream oil based). How much CBD distillate(90%+) would I add for let’s say 1000mg or 2500mg in the topical?

1 Like

If your distillate is 90% CBD then for every gram of distllate you have 900mg CBD. To get 1000mg you would have to add 1.11g of distillate to your 3 fluid oz. To get 2500mg you would have to add 2.78g of distillate per 3 fluid oz.

10 Likes

@ctown11 coming thru for the win. :100::facepunch: Thank you my bro. I am doing some R&D for a friend who has a skin condition. I really appreciate it. :pray:

2 Likes

You should figure out how to do this super simple math on your own, no offense but if you can’t figure this out you need to go community college and take some high school algebra and learn what a milligram is

1 Like

I dropped out of high school so have no fancy papers on the wall, sorry. Although a few of the guys on my payroll do, you looking for employment? I’m actually glad I I made the move to drop out of high school and skip the college trip. It let me get a head start on my peers.
I was actually looking for formulations along with mg amount, but formulations primarily. I made the post to educate myself and anyone else looking for this type of information. I am actually doing this for free to help a friend with a skin condition.
Since you mentioned community college I suggest you go and don’t accumulate to much debt. Then drop me a line and I will see about giving you a job to pay off your debt. There’s level’s to this chit my bro and trust me when I tell you, you ain’t round here.

No offense @broken_glassware :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

:rofl: I dropped out of high school too, started community college at age 23, got full scholarship to a state university, no debt lol.
Haha, if you have people who can do the math working for u why are you on the internet asking…

I can afford to do R&D.

1 Like

I make a CBD salve for topical use. It’s my buddies recipe. Coconut oil, beeswax, and something else…can’t recall. Its nothing fancy…just a non offensive carrier for the CBD.

I’ll text him in the morning…its late here…get the recipe from our last batch.

2 Likes

I like a 40 to 45% coconut oil along with 40 to 45% Shea butter and about 10 to 20% beeswax to stabilize the mixture so that it doesn’t liquefy at warmer temperatures Then add as many grams or milligrams that you like of CBD or THC

You can add essential oil‘s to cover up the smell of the Shea butter because it is kind of not the nicest

12 Likes

Really appreciate the help fellas. The essential oil idea is a nice touch. I’m going to look into it. Is there any brand inparticular that’s safe to use? Maybe something organic or along those lines?

3 Likes

Like I said man, we use dotera therapeutic grade

1 Like

My wife supports Simply Earth for her essential oils. 13% of their proceeds go to end human trafficking. You can get them from Simply Earth directly, or from her if you wanna support someone in the community :wink:

2 Likes

Heres the label of the topical my patients like and use.

Edit
I dont have the ratios, just ingredients.

3 Likes

I make a salve as well. One thing you may want to look into is emu oil. It’s a terrific transdermal carrier. I use a basic recipe of 5:1 oil to wax, with beeswax the wax and a mix of oils - coconut, emu, arnica.

Also use turmeric and copaiba oils. The copaiba in particular has been shown to act on cannabinoid receptors and contains beta-carophyllene which I think acts on CB2 receptors. Might be nice to add some of that. Turmeric for inflammation.

If you want, you could try DMSO as well - but it’s a risky thing to use. I use it personally in some of the salve I make and can say it helps a lot as a carrier but it’s not something I’d put in a commercial product.

10 Likes

Yeah dmso is a no go for consumer products. The issue is that it’s too good at what it does. It will transport nearly anything through your skin not just what you mix it with, meaning what you come into contact with on areas the dmso was applied could also potentially be absorbed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations fellas I really appreciate it. I’m going to start the mixing next week and give everyone’s formula a go. :100::facepunch::pray:

1 Like

I can’t wait to try some of these too. I’m definitely gonna be experimenting with all the stuff the @BG305 is making and trying some recipes I’ve gotten from @kycbd and @Thetetraguy.

I started my cbd regimen yesterday and testing to see if I personally see the benefits. I really want muscle creme so I can see if it helps with my muscle fatigue from bike riding.

3 Likes

I got you my bro, your is one of the first. I already told the Dr. about you rub wants. :100::facepunch:

1 Like

I make THC/CBD salves for my mom, uncle and old dog. I focus more on the THC side, but I have some high cbd strains.

You really want to calculate strength in mg/ml. Makes it easier to calculate batch sizes. If you sent it to a lab for testing, that is probably how results will be reported.

So for your 3 oz example

29.574 ml per oz x 3 = 88.722 ml

1000mg / 88.72ml = 11.27 mg/ml

2500mg / 88.7ml = 28.17 mg/ml

I’ve seen salve as low as 5 mg / ml and as high as 50 mg / ml. But that was THC. I never paid attention to cbd strength.

candelilla wax can be used as a replacement for bees wax if you want a vegan product.

3 Likes

These are around 3.3 mg / ml.
200mg of CBD at $40 is a unit price of $0.20 per mg of CBD.

https://blueridgehempco.com/products/cbd-infused-salve

https://cbddailyproducts.com/product/cbd-intensive-cream
This one is around 0.75 mg / ml. 8oz with 180mg of CBD. $97.99.
Unit price of $0.54 per mg of CBD.

If you get it in the 1.7oz size it has 60mg CBD, so more like 1.15 mg / ml. $25.99.
Unit price of $0.43 per mg of CBD.

4 Likes