CBD topical recipe

Thanks @blackie. I will look into the candelilla when I roll by wholefoods. Not really worried about what it cost me to make. Just trying to get my boy something for his skin condition. If I do not use the 1/2l of CBD for anything else I’m right around $2,500 for this R&D. It might go up as most are using THC disty with the CBD in their salves. Do you guys think I could just mix in some THCa(diamonds) into my CBD disty or would it be better to just use the full spectrum THC extract?

2 Likes

So what don you think about using these higher strengths? This is one thing I have noticed about CBD products as they all seem to have ultra low mg per dose. I was trying to go with something high to see if we could get some positive results. Even at 2500mg/28.17 mg/ml it seems low to me.

All depends what your looking for. Full spec cbd disty should have a bunch of minors in it depending on the distillate, and diamonds are just super high% thca crystals. Reintroducing them into the cbd disty will just add to the Cannabinoids covered under “full spectrum” if you added shatter back instead of diamonds I would assume you would be bringing terps, flavonoids, esters, and ester alcohols into the mix possibly adding to the entourage effect. :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Next batch I’m going to mix in some THC extract. :100::facepunch:

3 Likes

If I was making something for a persons skin condition or pains I start with this. Ultra strong.

2 Likes

This is one of the salves that I brought my mom from CO. It’s a muscle rub like icy hot. So I will be putting some together for her and @killa12345.

Use essential oils from ginger, clove, black pepper, cassia, peppermint, and eucalyptus

4 Likes

I agree with all of this, and lets not forget that our largest organ has cannabinoid receptors readily available. DMSO is so popular and effective, but you literally need to shower with fragrance free organic soap right before use to avoid getting environmental pollutants absorbed directly into your blood stream, better be using gloves when cleaning the kitchen! Look into the terpenes youd like for effect and then build the profile with essential oils that those terps are dominant in. A mixture of carrier oils is definitely the way to go and with some tinkering youll find the right balance of texture/consistency/effectiveness/smell and appeal. Turmeric is wonderful and you can greatly help its effectiveness with black pepper (beta-carophyllene) but its hard to hide the orange color. Lemongrass works well to bring it back to neutral. Have fun formulating!

1 Like

Put a day time salve and night time one together.

3 Likes

Care to elaborate on the ingredients? What’s the difference between the day and night?

1 Like

Hydrocortisone, as per my GF(she’s a Dr) you do not want to get sun exposure where you have hydrocortisone.

2 Likes

I read a super interesting article today about the inflammation reduction properties of flavonoids, specifically cannaflavin A and cannaflavin B. Here’s the article Weed's Most Potent Pain-Killing Compounds May Not Be THC or CBD

Edit: I had to go back to find the original, I forget not everyone has an iphone

3 Likes

Seems like I would need an apple device for that.

1 Like

I read it. It’s a good little article Interesting finding another direction to go with the science of medicines derived from cannabis

1 Like

It seems like cannaflavin is rather pricey: Custom Chemical Quote - Toronto Research Chemicals | Products for innovative research

1 Like

Didn’t realize this thread was still alive. Here’s where we’ve gone with the pain / cramping version.

2 Likes