The GLG sop talks about this in detail

1 Like

Hmmmmm. Not the one I have from glg?

1 Like

2 Likes

Use water and 30%h202

1 Like

Cold trap

Wow. Yea totally overlooked the parenthesis there. Thanks for that. Were gonna give our hand at it this coming week.

1 Like

For anyone attempting this, please utilize an acid gas mask and H2S gas detector if possible with proper ventilation and an understanding of what’s happening during the aromatization process, i.e. how much H2S is produced, what your gas trap is utilized for (how much NaOH or H2O2 or whatever you’re using is needed), how to tell when the reaction is nearing completion, how to properly clean up and dispose of the waste afterwards, etc. Respect the chempistry.

11 Likes

The top of this SOP states this is for organic chemist only

H2S will kill you, and you to nose blind to it so its extra dangerous

3 Likes

pollastro2017 - CBD to CBN.pdf (1.1 MB)

updated, old link dead.

3 Likes

Everyone in the gang already knows this, but for people looking in from outside,

The procedure we offer is very specifically listed as experimental, and definitely not standardized.

5 Likes

Maybe in the bubbler to supposably neutralize some things that you create in the reaction.

This sop is not very good. It has been sold and passed around like crazy.

This SOP is a free GLG sop

I have a much better sop that requires no clean up and doesn’t use sulphur

4 Likes

That’s what I hear and so do I. No clean up with crystallization kinda deal. Just distillation palladium or Nikel on carbon will
Do the trick but not sure if the metals effect it in anyway

I know it’s funny cause there are people out there that took the sop of the glg and sold it to someone I know. When I saw it I was like shit you got ripped off.

1 Like

D8 can be made to cbn and it can be crystallized very easy and purified to about 98 percent

7 Likes

What’s your D8/D9 % on those crystals?

@710era

That is CBN that was made. It is not d8/d9 crystals

Right, have you tested it for D8/D9 which typically co-crystallize with CBN?

2 Likes

The fact its yellow shows its probably not above 95%

You and me both know how hard it is to get completely white cbn using sulphur @CO_Chromatography

If my white cbn is 97.5% yours has to be below that

4 Likes