CBD to CBN conversion toll

Hello fellow cannabis entrepreneurs and scientists,

I wanted to reach out to you all today and get some feedback about an idea which I had recently. Currently I am running a THC remediation business in Denver. We already have Chromatography equipment, and I’ve found a method to convert CBD to CBN with a 72% yield so I figured why not offer CBD to CBN conversion as a toll option in addition to THC remediation. Our scale wouldn’t be too large to start (1-2Kg/day)

From my perspective, as the price of CBD isolate falls and distillate falls, people will be scrambling to find a way to increase the value of their product. My company exists to increase the value of these products.

However while this idea may sound good in my head, I would love to hear opinions and criticisms from this community. Please feel free to share any thought or criticisms you may have regarding THC remediation as a toll based service, or CBD to CBN conversion as a toll based service.

Your time is greatly appreciated and I thank you all for your responses.

PS: Anyone have any ideas on a good price point for tolling 1Kg CBD into ~0.7Kg CBN?

Any input regarding wholesale prices for CBD isolate and CBN would be useful also.

-Kyle

Summary

This text will be hidden

5 Likes

Which method did you choose: iodine, sulfur, peroxide, or UV light?

9 Likes

I can go to you and toll using your equipment for 50-80% conversion of CBD/ THC into CBN. Cost is $1/gram for the conversion. DM and to find out costs.

4 Likes

I would create your own cbn and sell it by the kilo instead. Much higher margins without allowing your competitors to use your service to undercut you. Reach out to me and we can set something up where we move your product for the time being. Have several contracts looking for a couple kilos of cbn a week. Needs to be 70% or higher cbn though and preferably stilll thc compliant

2 Likes

I don’t have the seed money to do a start up.

Not much residual THC left in a batch I’ve recently run.

Have forced to crystallize after purification as well.

5 Likes

Then join my team. Have your own team to run what you want, get your own contracts, and feed our pipeline while getting production bonuses and commission on any and all contracts you bring in

6 Likes

@anon93688 I got a prop for you when my NorCal facility is up.

3 Likes

over here stealing my thunder. respect the dibs! lol :smiley:

5 Likes

Aint meaning to steal the thunder my bad brotha lol​:stuck_out_tongue: but you did dibs first :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Lol just fuckin with ya

2 Likes

Oh I know it lol, I love when a pots stirred in the right direction though! We all level up together cause this community works so well together, yeah some cogs in the well oiled machine of knowledge are geared correctly after to many dank vapes & boof darts, but hey we know who the real ones here are!

2 Likes

Right then. I’ll jump on this “dibs” train and get in queue for a NorCal visit from @anon93688 right after you @Cheebachiefextracts

Sorry @Siosis looks like you’ll have to wait for a Florida visit😅

2 Likes

I have a feeling @anon93688 services are going to be outrageously popular

2 Likes

Hello -I would like to ask your opening ;
Can you tell me which ;
Pat distillate or Film distillate for CBG distilate

I agree :100: we should link sooner than later. What part of NorCal are you in?

2 Likes

I travel all over, but this facility will be announced in a few weeks for location till then it’s under affidavit

2 Likes

Well drop a line when in the Sacramento area

2 Likes

I’ll be out that way in less than a week or two to grab one of my vws

2 Likes

Hey there. Im very interested in this. Could you please send me more information to my email hunnycbd@gmail.com

Thank you.

1 Like

This is IHF sorry the forum wont let me reply to your recent dm, message me on IG at country_fried_hash

1 Like