Cbd isomerization to d8 and d9 thc

LLE or solid phase separation

3 Likes

Would you recommend a full LLE or can I get away with a few brine washes and no ph swings?

1 Like

I purchased finished (?) material that was reportedly refluxed in 1% t41, 4% AC to convert distillate to 68% d8, 11% D9; I later had it run thru a chromatography column of (?). Over about 45 days its turned from light golden to cherry red. Might need ph balance and further cleanup?

My lab expertise can fit in that empty spot in a peanut shell that doesn’t contain my brain.

1 Like

Oxidation is a bitch

2 Likes

I got the nasty smell/taste and the pink tint out.

5 Likes

Using LLE?

After washing almost all the stink was gone. Redistillation took care of the rest.

3 Likes

Can you please post the SOP you used for your wash? Thanks

2 Likes

I’m working on writing an sop for the whole thing start to finish. This weekend I ran it three different ways, washed half of each two different ways, and redistilled them all again separately and took them to the lab today for testing. Give me a little bit to gather all the data and put something together based on what worked best. I have before coa, and I want the afters to go with it.

I tried one of them. No horrible flavor. Smooth. None of the negative side effects you experienced. It definitely gets you high. Much more functional than delta 9. Made the mistake of trying it before bed and was up an extra 3 hours. I could see a lot of people opting for this over delta 9.

12 Likes

I currently advise on the manufacture of quite a bit of THC distillate manufactured through the isomerization of CBD.

Attached is a COA of latest product.

With one set of equipment. 100L Reactor, 50L sep funnel, 50L rotary evaporator and one 20L SPD we can crank out 13kg every 4 hours or so.

Reaction starts with 13kg of CBD isolate as that is the maximum amount of isomerized product that can be comfortably held in the boiling flask of the 50L rotary evaporator.

Reaction is performed in the 100L reactor.

13kg CBD isolate is dissolved into methanol or ethanol.

Solution is heated in reactor to 63C.

300g of catalyst is added (P-TSA

Reaction is allowed to carry on for 47m to achieve the results in the attached COA.

Solution is then drained into buckets. Filling 1/3 of each bucket. 15 buckets total.

Buckets are then filled to 2/3 level with organic solvent (hexane/heptane)

Buckets are then filled to the top with water to elute the cannabinoid solution and separate into an aqueous/organic separation. Catalyst is dissociated into the water alcohol mix while the cannabinoids go with the organic solvent.

The mix is then poured into the multiple 50 or 100L sep funnels and separated…

Dispose of aqueous layer. Retain organic layer for solvent recovery.

Feed organic solvent solution through rotary evaporator and recover all solvent. Bath temp starts at 40C and is raised as high as 90C once most organic solvent is recovered. Diaphragm vacuum pump is then switched out to a 2 stage rotary vane to achieve a deeper vacuum and remove Max amount of solvent.

Cannabinoid mix is then poured into 20L SPD and distilled to remove any remaining solvents and byproducts (p-cymene)

Reaction time can be decreased to achieve more ∆9 or increased to make all ∆8.

Bam THC distillate on the cheap.

I hope this information serves all well and helps make the consumption of THC for medical and recreational purposes more affordable and available for everyone. CBD is legal to ship throughout the US and most parts of the globe. THC will no longer need to be shipped across borders.

Also I hope that this information brings about or helps push through the global legalization of marijuana.

It costs $300-$500 to make one pound of 92% THC distillate. Let’s bring the price of that 25% THC flower down to $125/lb =P

If anyone appreciates this posting buy your CBD isolate and equipment through me. I can also come in as a consultant to assist in the development of labs of scale for minimal cost.

Current CBD isolate pricing
$1000/kg
50+ $900
100+ $800

I can be reached via Whatsapp, Signal or Telegram
+17147865884

22 Likes

That d9:d8 ratio is bad; you need to refine your process. Eliminate moisture.

3 Likes

I can get it higher. I’m just adjusting as people catch on. I’ve already engineered different methods and processes to achieve different outcomes

1 Like

Did you type out instructions, then think better of it and delete em, and try to charge people? Cause thats what the edit history looks like

3 Likes

Well its here forever; interesting method

i take donations of toilet paper for pointing that out

7 Likes

Hahahahahah shoot man I hook ya up with some of my inhouse CBD infused paper;D

1 Like

It’s not even a good method. Lol.

4 Likes

Agreed :wink:

2 Likes

But he did isomerize all the cbd so that ain t bad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What’s the other 9%?