Cbd % in different parts of the hemp plant.

Hey I’m trying to find the cbd % of the different parts of the plant. I have read in marijuana plants there’s thc found all through out the plant and was wondering if hemp would be the same.

I’ve searched and googled and couldn’t find anything close to what I’m looking for.

cannabinoid production is under genetic control. if you’re looking at high CBD strains, cannabinoid distribution is going to be very similar to the drug strain cannabis you’ve found data on.

I have seen no data that cannabinoid production takes place outside of the trichomes. trichomes come in more than one flavor. if you want to know which genes are involved in regulating trichome production, you could look to arabidopsis for the majority of them.

3 Likes

Some growers I have been working with report that the higher up on the cherry wine variety they tested, the higher percentage they were getting.

This is in no way hard data, but interesting nonetheless.

more sun, more production.

1 Like

I think the cannabinoids are only made in the trichomes, and there are trichomes all over the plant. I’ve zoomed into pictures of stems and there are definitely trichomes on there, that might be why they find 1% on stem material.
I think I read a study once showing a 15% cannabinoid difference from top Nug and a Nug 1 foot under. Meaning if the top Nug tested at 20%, the bottom Nug would test at 17%.

1 Like

I’ve read something from mcrlabs saying marijuana stems have 1%-9% thc on them. So I was wondering if the stems of industrial hemp could be the same.

Ive begun my search for a hemp biomass supplier on a long weekend so I haven’t got any responses back but I randomly stumbled apon a farmer who will sell the leaves/flowers or the stocks and they test at 2% lol. Just got me thinking if the price is good enough could it be worth it to attempt to extract.

I read somewhere that theres some alkaloids present in the roots of cannabis plants but ill take a guess and assume they aren’t cannabinoids.

2 Likes

Cant tell you if the top vs bottom of plants flowers have better % iv never tested our plants in sections, but what i can tell you is this; we extract from outdoor biomass with 1-2% simply because our laws in UK & Ireland do not permit the use of regular strains. Were only doing it really for appearances and R & D until the law changes, at 1-2% its a bit like gold mining poor land theres not much profit in it maybe none at all. Youl get CBD but your crude or disty will be in the lower end of scale at around 8-10% crude out of a quick wash of 2% material. You have to ask yourself is it worth the time energy & cost Vs reward. We pay very little for the biomass so were just about turning a profit, in a regulated market that may not be the case, we get far more for cbd here in Europe than you guys do over in the US

No they arent cannabinoids, but they have identified alkaloids in the roots that arent present in any of the other part of the plant. Theres a reason cannabis roots was an ancient Chinese medicine and you can alcohol extract the alkaloids out and use it as a wonderful topical. Topicals made with the roots last way longer and work deeper.
There are things called triterpenoids or something like that, they have identified only in the roots aswell

4 Likes

What parts of the plant are you using?

I was thinking if it’s got 2% and if you where able to extract say 1% to turn into isolate it could potentially take less than 500pounds to make 1kg of isolate. And the price of this stuff is around a dollar.

Then I was thinking if there is cbd on the the whole plant like marijuana You can get large bails which I’m not sure the exact weight but of hay they’re around 800pounds for dirt cheap and if you were able to extract that the margins are healthy enough to account for the extra work I would think.

It’s only 500 pounds but that seems like alot of recovering for 1kg, I guess u can reuse your solvent like 8 times before having to recover

1 Like

Less than 500 dollars for 500pounds of a product that can be converted to a product that sells for 10k plus/minus

I think you need to set your isolate selling price closer to 5k, if your planning on selling in bulk. Even singles can easily be found for 6-7k
Do you have a really nice centrifuge? Are u getting all your solvent back?

1 Like

Where I am it’s 9-11k for singles 7.5 bulk. Canadian though. And I’m not set up for this just a hypothetical thought to get me through this long weekend lol

But with the right set up I think it could be profitable.

1 Like

I extract hemp in europe with 2 % cbd iT a No fun and almost No profit
The hemp crude is riddled with crap so the whole Sha bang from AC to Brine to LLE Gives a 50% crude in the end
That has still to much shit for a first pass
Sugars mainly burning ya glass wear
Working on methohds of cleaning iT all out but No fun

6 Likes

I feel your pain im the same over here in Ireland, but iv no troubles with glassware and to much crap in it, are you doing a full dewax and scrub on the crude?

we bought 4 white knight spinners same as panda but 220volt,. 8 x 220 micron bags we wash at -50c then spin, dewax and filter through silica bed and D.E then roto down and distill the distillate is pretty nice and clean waiting on test results from canna Spain to see where were at %

1 Like

youl make a profit ok with the right set up, Just advising you from experience its tough graft for small money better with high grade, as Roguelab said you need a centrifuge, store etch and biomass in deep freezer, buy some 220 bags and 25-50L buckets fill wash filter spin roto your have some decent oil

2 Likes

My main problem is. The extraction unit used iis a co2 unit in polland 3000 kg (government owened)at a time but absolutly No right settings on the rig shit comes out with at least 50% Wax and fats biomass went in way to humid but they let You walk out with hot crude
Thats great +
Working on a sop to get iT all right then iT Will be making sense

3 Likes

Oh were using mainly the flowers but reality with industrial biomass theres a lot of seed stems etc in it we freeze it all prior to wash then we wash at -50 or below using dry ice to stop a lot of the crap leaching out

3 Likes

If you ever want consulting help over there i would love to visit, my family is very irish but I’ve never been. Got my resume posted on here!

2 Likes