CBD E-commerce??

Square is just set up to be cheap. Every part of their business model is outsourced and their focus is signing on more merchant accounts. I doubt they really have a full team of developers working behind them. Square also doesn’t even process their own payments. Square is effectively just a middleman in all of their services.

They bought Weebly after it had been crumbling for years because they’re so inferior to woocommerce, Shopify, etc. If you like Weebly then you are probably new. Only novices like it because they don’t know all the things they’re depriving themselves of. I suggest people search things like “Weebly vs WooCommerce” before they settle in for dumbed down site building. Anyone with e-commerce is experience laughs when you mention Weebly

4 Likes

The same thing happened to me, 1/1/2020.

Looking into K-merchant, shopify and merchant services through a local bank, a bank that I have built a decent rapport with.

1 Like

Woocommerce/Wordpress and plug square in- add products through woocommerce to avoid unnecessary reviews after initial setup- square has great marketing tools too. Get the square debit card for instant deposit after a transaction balance of $25 or more at a time. Buy your domain and do hosting through GoDaddy and put renewals on autopay- setup your email through 365 while you set up in GoDaddy. Wordpress is much more flexible than weebly and SEO capability is definitely better. Focus on specific keywords you can actually rank for like instead of just “CBD”, and add lots of content- maybe hook up a constantly updating RSS feed on a News page, use square’s loyalty program, folks love them some rewards and discounts. (Marketing and loyalty are $20-25 each/month but worth it if you do batches or add new products a lot, run frequent sales/promotions)
Also, viabill lets people split purchases across 4 payments, and you get paid up front through bill.com- CBD can get pricey, and now viabill allows $600 in credit. It’s nice for people on fixed incomes that need it. A discount for folks who receive benefits or for veterans at a 20% markup grabs another demographic that needs help

8 Likes

Seems to be happening more and more! Shouldn’t it be getting easier👎

Yes this was the cbd program

It’s cool that you mentioned viabill too – if someone is a vialbill premium member ($10 per month), they can finance up to $600 for 4 months at 0% interest, but a non premium member can sadly only spend $300 on your site at one time (unless they spend the extra $10 on a premium membership beforehand). where can i find your site? I’d love to check it out!

1 Like

Square is where its at. That’s what we use

EDIT: We dropped woocommerce for Square. Square is much easier to use, more streamlined as well.
Woocommerce kinda sucked in my opinion.

2 Likes

please be careful not to put all eggs in one basket (esp. using non open source software that can be shut down) - Square typically holds money for 270 days after shutting down and is not obligated to review in order to reopen an account. It’s great when it works, but please, use redundancy and have other processing solutions in place. Yes, I can help via DM.

We’ve been using Wix

1 Like

Thank you soooo much. I set up WordPress through go daddy, just set up woocommerce, have been approved for square, but now I need to integrate. I see there are plenty of “Square for woocommerce” plug ins. Which one is the one to go with?

2 Likes

Are you sill using wordpress?

Yes we are

just use the one you find in the woocommerce plugin search in wordpress by square

1 Like

Ecwid with squarespace or wix

1 Like

Ionos + ecwid + square = very lowest price I could come up with

I’d use WooCommerce for e-commerce and Square for payment processing

2 Likes

FYI Google will hide you from a lot of search results if you’re using a dumbed down platform. these services make it ridiculously easy to set up a pretty looking site but you will suffer in the long run. Drag and drop site platforms make it extremely difficult to enter all the necessary tags/html google wants you to have. if you don’t it will automatically suppress your pages in search results. just use Wordpress

the company you’re trying to compete with uses Wordpress.

7 Likes

Anyone using Wordpress and Woocommerce…

Highly recommend premium woocommerce themes from Themeforest.net that get updated constantly.
They also pack in usually free premium versions of paid plugins.

YoastSEO Plug-in + Fiverr Search Yoast SEO
Have someone do a complete yoast setup for $7-$20. Depending on how many pages / products etc.

If you’re having a bad Wordpress or Woocommerce experience. I will gladly provide a third party POV and offer solution.

5 Likes

What do you guys think about Wordpress + Divi?

1 Like