CBD E-commerce??

What to you use to host your site? Woocommerce?

1 Like

So far I’m leaning towards using Wordpress with Woocommerce. Did you have any issues with them at all?

Unfortunately a lot of payment processors/banks are terrified of Flower. I decided not to not sell flower online for that specific reason :confused:

I’ll toss out Solidus if you want something ultra-customized. It’s free and open source but fully formed and very stable—JUUL, Bonobos, and MeUndies use it, as examples.

Again, open source, so no licensing fees and you can use whatever payment processing method you want. On the flipside, open source means you’ll likely need to work with developers to deploy it unless you’re comfortable with Rails.

2 Likes

Not to toot my own horn. But any website I make with Wordpress will match any Shopify.

Having a badass Wordpress is up to which hosting provider you choose and who built it / manages updates.

Shopify/Wix/Bigcommerce etc handles updates but limit you on customizing in the long run and push you into having to dig your way out.

Whoever your accepted payment processor is: you must have them give you access to a Portal or Gateway. Once the portal or gateway is decided it’s integrated with Shopify or Woocommerce and you’re good to go.

$30mo with Shopify is hard to beat even if they also take 0.5% of all cc transactions on top of your payment processor.

Wordpress deserves 30-50mo hosting and requires a well built package. But saves you on the processing costs and customization costs.

My overall opinion is if you don’t have someone full time on staff responsible for the website. You are better off on Shopify.

4 Likes

Square and Shopify or Square and Wordpress are the most common solutions right now.

1 Like

Occasionally I need to setup PaymentCloudInc

If Square doesn’t approve you or ever shuts you down: https://stratus.paymentcloudinc.com/me@moveweight.net

1 Like

square for processing

and wix for hosting as it has square integration. you can use shopify but youll have to hire a software engineer for integration to squares api since they are competitors and don’t play nice.

2 Likes

We started on Shopify. There are a couple of plugins that allow you to use square, but there is an additional fee.

1 Like

So far I love it. Literally had 2 sales come through on there since I posted on this thread, so the site must be good enough despite being barebones.

1 Like

How can you integrate square into Shopify? Shopify stopped allowing me to use any payment processing immediately. At the time I was only selling topicals infused with isolate. No THC whatsoever. I had COAs for everything from raw material to end product and they still claimed I went against their guidelines. :frowning:

I was approved by square fortunately. I just need to figure out the best option for integrating it with a host.

1 Like

What Is the plug in you use to integrate square?

Good to know, Thanks! Has Wix been friendly to you guys?

WooCommerce is great, and infinitely variable with the massive wordpress ecosystem - DM me and we can chat more in depth about what your goals are - definitely talk with experienced people - it will save you lots of headaches :slight_smile:

4 Likes

woocommerce is not a host. woocommerce is a platform. you will need a web host.

1 Like

They run flawlessly together. I built this instance of www.baysidehemp.co in one night. Its a recipe for success imho. Everything just works… always…

1 Like

The square storefront on their website about 1% of what square can do for you imho. Try integrating their plugin into a storefront like woocommerce on wordpress, magento, or opencart… its fresh and clean. This is how square integrates into our woocommerce checkout - I’ve been working in webdev for years and this is the smoothest transition I’ve found yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wordpress is cool and yeah woocommerce is a pretty robust plugin. We use that combo for other sites. I’m going to re-build our site from the ground up in the near future, maybe even try something like webflow which looks pretty cool. Not for e-commerce functionality but for a better site design, weebly is super limited in that area. Wordpress is pretty clunky and builders like elementor make sluggish, poorly coded sites. Also, PHP.

I don’t agree about the 1% though, I’d say we get 99% of the functionality using just square/weebly builder when it comes to e-commerce functionality. We have abandoned carts, gift cards, coupons, google pay/Apple pay, email marketing tools, basic SEO, pop ups… and the site took me maybe 3 hours to build and is generating revenue.

5 Likes

Contact Square and tell them you want to use the emerchant brokers Shopify gateway.

For some reason Square reps do not seem to like people asking for this judging by the replies they give a lot of companies. I think it may affect the sales rep’s commission or something. Those guys are pretty relentless about getting you signed on but as soon as you mention EMB they lose enthusiasm. If you’re already approved it makes no difference but I’m curious if the rep loses the “sale” if they go over to EMB after.

Maybe they’re supposed to push people on Weebly or something but Weebly is like a third world country as far as site building goes. You have to “vote” for them to maybe-hopefully install very basic features that everyone else has free. Unless you’re only getting like 10 sales a day, Weebly will hold you back big time in the long run. Learn Wordpress or do twice the work to have to learn it later

1 Like

Square does offer an amazing customer database, allowing you to build profiles with all relevant information for shipping. Their invoicing system offers automatic notifications regarding late payments as well. It’s a shame they aren’t more active in the canna community they would be a lot more popular.

1 Like