CBD alcohol liquor

Is anyone bottling liquor with CBD isolate in it? Can you speak on regs or anything else about it?

1 Like

Absolutely never

6 Likes

That’s the fast track to bankruptcy. It’s simple yet something you don’t see done for many reasons.

3 Likes

Are you a fucking bot?

1 Like

he’s asking if there’s alcoholic beverages? In my state that’s where the local dep of health drew the line on my ideas.

Obviously there’s tinctures with alcohol base.

Yes I am. It’s obviously easy to get done and I don’t see any on market so why not? CBD isn’t THC, are there any regs against it?

The liquor companies are making cbd seltzer’s but all of the varieties of them are all alcohol free.

Just carbonated essential oils with some bam from the cbd

1 Like

I see all those … but why not CBD whiskey? I can’t see there being anything atrocious about it. CBD isn’t going to impair someone more than the liquor will. Is there some law or reg against it or just common knowledge in industry not to touch the stove top?

The TTB wont ever approve an alcoholic beverage with cannabinoids added.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
Go back to making hand sanitizer with denatured alcohols and lemon juice you godforsaken morons

9 Likes

So you spend the time to respond while completely ignoring the question asked just to try to act tough on a message board? You sound like the life of the party

3 Likes

GT Kombucha has a CBD growler for purchase.

that’s a non-0 abv. but I’m sure it follows a regulation of somesort

2 Likes

Ding ding ding we have a winner

6 Likes

So again more time consuming drivel without actually answering the question. What harm is there in having CBD as one of the many ingredients in whiskey or another liquor? It’s not THC. Has nobody ever drank alcohol and a tincture or whatever of CBD?

1 Like

4 Likes

I answered the question.

The TTB will NEVER approve of an alcoholic beverage product that contains CBD or any other cannabinoid.

The FDA has not granted any cannabinoid or cannabinoid containing product the status of GRAS and CBD products are still as of yet not allowed as food product additives-

The Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, more commonly referred to as the 2018 Farm Bill, permitted states and tribal nations to participate in hemp production programs and removed “hemp,” and cannabinoids derived from hemp, such as CBD, from the Controlled Substances Act’s (“CSA”) definition of “marihuana.” See 21 U.S. Code § 802. “Hemp” is now defined as “the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of that plant, including the seeds thereof and all derivatives, extracts, cannabinoids…with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis.” 7 U.S. Code § 1639o. Thus, hemp, and cannabinoids derived from hemp, are no longer controlled substances under the CSA.

However, the 2018 Farm Bill explicitly preserved the FDA’s authority to regulate products containing cannabis or cannabis-derived compounds under the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (“FDCA”). The FDA maintains that it is illegal to include CBD and THC products subject to the FDCA, including foods, beverages, and dietary supplements, because the substances were investigated and approved as active drug ingredients. See 21 U.S.C. § 331(ll). The FDA provides that substances intentionally added to foods or beverages that are not considered generally recognized as safe (“GRAS”) by qualified experts, such as CBD or THC, are deemed unsafe and are not permitted to be added to foods or beverages. See 21 U.S.C. §§ 201(s) and 409. Consequently, the TTB, which defers to the FDA’s stance, will not approve formula or label applications for alcoholic beverages subject to the FDCA that contain CBD and/or THC.

2 Likes

Does TTB have a public portal or something that shows drinks or formulations they’ve approved?

Its called the code of federal regulations, i edited my post above yours to include the relevant entries

The TTB is currently in process of building a portal that will allow you to return to whatever circle of hell you squirmed out of and they are beyond excited to show you the door.

I want my CBD liquor to also be a lubricant

5 Likes

So not that there’s actually been proof of negative affects but that the FDA won’t release CBD as a food ingredient