Cat X1000 Homogenizer. Any tips for care, cleaning, and operation?

Cleaning in manual says alcohol for stubborn. Is d-limonene better? Never used it before wondering if it evaporates like alc?

So I am making both diamond and live resin carts. Would the homogenizer process very tiny diamonds or should I just use it for terps and distillate mixing then add diamonds? I imagine live resin is no issue?

I am new so shower me with spoons and I’ll give back silver bars to the community in return :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you trying to decarb your diamonds? Or are you trying to make carts that have crystals inside of them?

3 Likes

Yeah you’re going to want to decarb… Grinding up diamonds with your homogenizer isn’t what you want to do

5 Likes

Trying to avoid winterizing an decarb like the plague for flavor. Bases are top shelf cutting with 60/40 dist/diamonds and 50/50 dist live resin. 2 different carts. Was gonna combine heated dist and very crushed small diamonds at 110f let melt add 5% terps make carts.

There are care instructions in the description

2 Likes

I have a cat that’s been abused to hell and back and still works like the day I got it. But you should follow care instructions.

You can separate your diamonds from your terp portion and decarb your diamonds separately. But if you’re adding distillate you’d probably want to sell your diamonds and use disty instead of the diamonds. If you DONT decarb your thca or anything with thca in it then your carts will crystallize to some degree.

4 Likes

Depending how hot your disty is when you add your diamonds, and depending on how large your diamonds are, they’re gonna decarb. To some degree.

2 Likes

Maybe look here:

3 Likes

Just want the carts to function and best terps possible. My people want flavor and high. I invested in the new 4 port ceramic carts. I’ve read a lot some say decarb some say not needed if product is good, some say do it regardless, all say its a flavor killer.

So what temp should I decarb at for best flavor and how long for both diamonds and live resin?

What is the equipment needed for separation and decarb? I’d like to invest in quality (like this homogenizer) but I am not a big operation. I am doing 1k carts a month. I grow top shelf cup level weed, tired of flipping trash carts and extracts made by others.

The manual is below the description. Stick to what the manual says. Do not use acetone on any orings. Use only the actual homogenizer tools.

2 Likes

Not even if you’re looking for a good time?
“Hey baby, let’s get freaky and homogenize some thca diamonds…”
Sounds like a hell of time to me!

1 Like

my limonene doesnt rinse easily i use alcohol but have a different homogenizer. edit= if i use my d limonene it would make all future oil lemon. I remember two kinds and I got the thicker one maybe?

1 Like

I read 110-140f for live resin not sure if diamonds are different. Can’t find for how long. Is it until bubbling ends? Just for an hour or? I’ll be using a nice heat pad and pyrex bowl.

110C for 1 hour is about standard for most THCa (110 F will take you fckin forever), although I have found that for whatever reason diamonds/crystalline THCa take longer. Probably something about melting them first. Until bubbles stop is a good method, there’s also a cheaters trick here if you search for “bromocresol green”. Also, if at all possible try to limit oil contacting oxygen during the heating process (especially if it’s not had the terps separated). IMO it’s more important to keep the terps from getting stinky than it is to keep them from boiling off (I’m sure there are others that disagree)

3 Likes

Running in a cup of ethanol won’t remove all the distillate that builds up under the green o-ring

Steeve of cat scientific may not have been personable, but he knew this device and would impart absolute gems over the phone. My cleaning method is his, but with the silicone grease (not vape safe) swapped out for c8 (vape safe)

1. Weigh terps, thca, distillate
  2. Heat distillate to ~90c (should already be warm from splitting/weighing)

(the 4 following steps should be preformed in 1-2 seconds)

1. Add thca

2. Add terps

3. Place probe to homogenization depth, off center

4. Start the homogenizer

5. Ramp speed up over 30 sec

6. Ramp speed down over 10-15 sec

7. Remove solution from probe

8. Clean

Thats how you get black streaks. This is distillate, not hair gel.

The best use for those diamonds (in a cart) is either for the little glitter bubbles, or a neat lil pile of crystals at the bottom of the carts. Pure aesthetics

5 Likes

Huge thanks. Going to do some more reading and process this all.

Any word on where to source gasket kits? I want to replace all of the replaceable shit in my g20 shaft. @goldleaf_scientific said they would be receiving them Monday but sounds like that is a little off.

2 Likes

What 4 port ceramic ports, do you like them and care to share a lead on where you got them?

As requested, viton replacement x 1000 unidrive o-rings

3 Likes

We have the springs and ball bearings. I’ll probably have the orings tomorrow. I think only thing you would need to replace is the springs and orings.

3 Likes