Cat X1000 Homogenizer. Any tips for care, cleaning, and operation?

@ BOSHANG_VAPE

I am really excited about these. Check them out. I will do a review of them.

2 Likes

DO NOT TAKE OUT THE SLIP DISK!

You can mis align the washers inside and total your shaft. @cart.farm and @goldleaf_scientific both offer replacement/repair. Leave detail stripping to the seller, so that whatever vendor whom sold it to you can take responsibility for itā€™s continued maintenance.

Speaking of maintainence, here is the requested o-rings

3 Likes

What spare parts should owners keep around and quantities? Glad I made this thread.

1 Like

Every single replaceable part should be in house to limit downtime.

Iā€™m personally planning on having 2 or 3 repair kits on hand. One to swap out everything immediately and then the others to have for repair but also preventive maintenance. Iā€™ll probably start replacement on them every 3 months or something.

2 Likes

But I found a bunch of nasty gritty stuff under itā€¦ Looked like dirt. Not sure if it was degraded gasket material or what but thatā€™s what spurred my ā€œfuck I need a repair kit for this thingā€ adventure

2 Likes

Thats grease!!! And you ABSOLUTELY need it for the homogenizer to function. On the sealed upper portion, nothing gets in or out. You can clean out burnt grease, but you must replace it.

Brb Im off to go write taking out the slip ring voids the cart farm warranty on the site.

Im also off this thread, cause I rather not show my competition @goldleaf_scientific (whom fucked me over in the past when we werenā€™t competing) anything else.

Gold leaf, if Iā€™m cleaning the homogenizer wrong, why have I talked to three of YOUR customers with broken CATs this week alone? HAHAHAHAHAHA

8 Likes

I am about to buy a hundo of these on dhgate, any advice on sellers?

1 Like

I would hit up @Ascent and get the C102s, same thing.

having a hell of a time finding one of these units.
sounds like GoldLeaf is not the way to go.

Should I contact Cat directly?? Anyone know?
@qma @CATScientific

2 Likes

I have a stock coming in next week, just paid customs

5 Likes

I will also be offering the 1740 full liter mixing units

5 Likes

fuuuuuck yeah. youā€™re the man. thanks brethren!

1 Like

Why is that?

2 Likes

1.) price and 2.) I have read from multiple members that the customer service/maintenance assistance is lacking compared to cart farm and Cat.

2 Likes
  1. We will match or beat any other sellers price. Keep in mind we mostly stock and sell the X1000D with rpm display. You can also get a nice discount by using the coupon code ā€œglg_10ā€
  2. I think that was maybe when people first started ordering them and we had to work out the kinks. Having said that I have repaired and rebuilt quite a few of these. We have specialized tools, lots of spare parts in stock, factory service manuals, and plenty of experience finding and solving problems. I am confident we can offer better support and customer service than any other U.S seller. Shoot me a pm and Iā€™ll get you a quote
3 Likes

Thanks @qma for dropping knowledge
Should have added the viton seals to the cart farmer order -.-

2 Likes

Im the only reason you sell homogenizers big dog :rofl::joy: You get the business I allow you to get. I have 3 years of experience on you, and I specialize in cart makers (aka your customers for cat homogenizers)

2 Likes

Before fucking things up, the cat is for 250ml min input, so it doesnā€™t really make sense for 50ml batches for the cf in the beginning i guess. Or have you has successful runs with less than 250ml? Talking about distillate + Terpenes.