Cascade Sciences Diamond Miner(s) Brand New

Item Model/Manufacturer: Cascade Sciences
Description: Brand New, Never used Diamond Miner(s)
Price: $300 Each 10 available MSRP: $1300
Current location of item: Denver / Will Ship
Estimated lead time: 1 Day
Fulfillment: Direct from seller
User support / Warranty: Will Provide SOP and Desecant.

https://www.neobits.com/cascade_sciences_diamondminer_3_mcgrane_lab_p17259478.html?atc=gbp&gclid=CjwKCAjw14uVBhBEEiwAaufYx28k69FajEmDqGCLIG-3EDJkAe6KNV_lgXIpe4CxfR9JpjUhn8GsjxoCKa8QAvD_BwE

3 Likes

Got pics of the actual product in your hands?

1 Like

Someone got jugged at 1300 ea for these.

Mcgrane industries is Shatterperson Jacqueline correct?

3 Likes

Jackie is one of the smartest people I’ve ever met, hope that wasn’t a slight towards her …

Agreed 1300 is steep $300 though is good lol

1 Like

She is incredibly smart, no doubt about that. However that doesn’t change the fact that almost everything she sells is green taxed to the MAX!

5 Likes

Yeah that’s straight robbery tbh.

People should be aware of vendors/consultants that sell things at this greedy of a mark up.

A 30%-60% markup is the highest acceptable markup for most engineering industries.

2 Likes

I second this. That’s not going to fly here.

1 Like

Don’t hate on Jacquie for the price. These are all Cascade.

Not true.

Over 77% margin is pretty unscrupulous for a $45 Chinese sightglass and $95 in stainless.

10 Likes

And if I’m not mistaken some safety certs, a patent, and fairly expensive american welder

But again I agree the price high for something that people use ball jars for, however not every lab in America can keep their fire inspectors happy with that, so this has it’s place

4 Likes

A patent for this? :rofl: Until you show me the USTPO number, it’s just a patent pending (at best) which means jack shit.
There are no proprietary parts to this unit, using off the shelf parts from any industrial processing supply store.
It’s a sightglass, endcap, and a tee with a valved PRV, gauge and needle followed by ball valve and male NPT compression fitting on it.

It costs $2-$3k to get a peer review on an item, that can then be used for as many multiples of the same item you make.

Most of these US extractor parts are welded horribly using TIG without water cooling and have splatter all over that’s just sanded down to cover it.

Welders are dirt cheap, check your offer up for a Miller TIG unit.

Doubt it has ANY USA welded parts tbh.

6 Likes

@Shredhead did these come with a peer review?

If so I’ll make an offer on all of them.

At a REASONABLE price lol

Yes they are all reviewed.

Do you have the copy of the Stamped review sheet?

1 Like

I believe so, I believe they are reviewed by cascade. I’ll have to go through my paperwork at the lab on Monday, I believe so. They are all still boxed up.

The rest are still boxed up from the manufacturer.

I’ll throw a slight without fear or any reticence. That’s a disgustingly overpriced sight glass, to whomever and whoever decided to build it. Not motivated to figure out which of the two is more responsible, but they know what they did. Greedy green tax for a cheap china brewery sight glass. Whoever built this design doesn’t respect her peers in the industry.

A patent…?

I’m no expert, but prior art… Especially for sight glass miners.

No disrepect to OP, all the disrespect for whoever built this. @Cannachem is 100% on the money with this product.

7 Likes

Full disclosure she’s had this thing on the market since like '18? So I could be slightly fuzzy on the details but yes I think she got a patent on it.

I’m 100% sure the units I saw back then were indeed welded here and not by some cheap rate “hide your work” welder

And i thought the peer review was through psi. Again it’s been years so I could be off. And I’m not a diamond miner myself, just have had the chance to hold a few in my hands and got the whole pitch from her in person

Edit: I think the patent was possible b.c. of her use of a desiccant chamber?

2 Likes

So it is Shatter Gurl Jacquiline’s design? Hmm… well… I’ve made my thoughts pretty clear on the kind of person who’d sell a certified brewery sight glass. They are not kind thoughts.

5 Likes

My objection was to a personal attack. Tek, pricing, business practices, all fair game here. Carry on.

1 Like