Carts have brown on top and brown by coils

Carts have brown around the top and bottom part why is this I’m using cbd and distillate and Terp’s 10 percent

1 Like

Any pictures?

2 Likes

Looks like oxidation.

12 Likes

Definitely oxidation.

Some of my carts get that look when they sit for months in the fridge. Distillate gets the red ring sometimes. Some of my clear clear extracts turn pink as they oxidize…and quickly too.

6 Likes

Is that a screw or push top? We started using push tops and the oxidation stopped completely.

5 Likes

I agree it’s oxidation. Heat and acidity (including from terpenes) can accelerate oxidation.

3 Likes

It’s a lot of oxidation. Bet the ph is down there.

Looks like a cut cart???.. Maybe overheating when mixing.

1 Like

Is it weird I read this thread title and knew it would be OP asking?

8 Likes

What’s OP mean

“Original Poster”

1 Like

Depends are you using certain isolated terps? Or is it oxidization of compounds in the disty?

Search red ring of death

X10 on oxidation

4 Likes

I see everyone saying oxidation… I dont see this happen on the pods i have no matter the length of time. Im gonna go out on a limb and say this is the sign of the cart metal dissolving in the oil and heavy metal contamination…

Just my opinion.

3 Likes

I really hope not. Yesterday before hitting the cart, I had a bottom ring a couple mm.

Distillate and canna-terps only

The ring is mostly gone now.

3 Likes

i know i say some outlandish shit… I think when it happens on a used cart…its might be the heavy metals or the used oil leaking back into the good oil…

on a new cart. i think this is a sign of a cheap cart and possible heavy metals. Lets have some tested… Have oil that passes heavy metals fill it in a cheap cart…wait for it to “oxidize” and have that oil tested afterwards… This is why i dont like carts…

1 Like

Heres 4 more. In hoping it’s not heavy metals leaching. All new, never fired.

2 Likes

This is a pod I filled in early December for mjbizcon

4 Likes

Its oxidation, I test for everything everytime. And this still happens from time to time. My 2 cents.

5 Likes