Cartridges that 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 can get behind

The market is starting to trend toward POD systems. Unfortunately, all of these pods are made out of plastics that can leech bpas and are NOT terp resistant. Fortunately for us, there is a plastic technology that can both resist terpenes and maintain integrity in high heat.

When a cartridge supplier who works closely with this forum was asked about this, they worried about the cost of producing such a miraculous product when they do not know the market for them.

This product would probably be more expensive, as fluoropolymers are usually more expensive than conventional plastics.

So, how many people here would be interested in a ptfe lined, terpene resistant pod that you could load up with high terpene percentages without fear of leakage?

30 Likes

What’s the price differential? Single digit percentage? It’s an easy choice. Double the cost or more? Unlikely to be a big seller.

4 Likes

8-9 US per kilo for ptfe vs 1.20 per kilo pvc. Also harder to work teflon. Most likely double the cost probably MUCH more

2 Likes

I’d love to see it become a standard, but I get the feeling that it’s a niche package for high end products. We’d probably seriously look at them, but I get the feeling that most people are gonna look at the price difference and walk.

11 Likes

Yeah, I have that feeling too right now in 2019. Hopefully things change in the regulatory market to stop consumers from huffing bpas

7 Likes

Agreed with this post, the vaping industry went pod system, even myself a long time vaper went pod from rda’s, I was even working with 50g kanthal…the days…, if the vaping isn’t worried about bpa leaching then it’s going to be along while for the disposable market pod market to worry. Now if the manufacturer had a buy back at 1/4 retail for the pod and the end consumer could return used pods for a discount I see potential in that…

6 Likes

A teflon pod with a quality/replaceable coil would be refillable by the customer

3 Likes

These are already being made although I unfortunately do not know the manufacturers names as they refused to sell to me as I am not licensed to SELL distillate priducts in Canada ( you need to be an official government producer, long story canadian politics blah blah blah) wish I could help more except to say that I would 100% support this as I was already looking into purchasing such a product. FYI I found this ptfe pod product at the LIFT expo in Toronto, Canada, supposedly north america’s 2nd largest cannabiz expo, and the first LIFT expo in Canada after legalization (industry is going crazy rn) Good luck, g’awed speed and let me know updates!!

Also we’re using JUUL vape systems here as they are the most common nicotine vapes at the moment, so discretion while vaping at work or in public is nice, and the size of them makes it so you can hold it in your mouth and vape with no hands like a joint, and it can be easily carried and concealed. I kinda prefer the old school glass pen style atomizers, but you have to turn the voltage down so low to get the proper flavour that its hard to not have it turn into a straw from all the unvaped dist. The juuls have issues, but when they hit proper theres no burning of the oil. Using the OVNS JC-01 pod for juul atm (I use an OVNS battery too though)

5 Likes

if its refillable and rebuildable I can see a big market for that.

5 Likes

These JUST got released. Can’t even buy them yet but you can request some samples. All glass, quartz element and stainless steel.

https://www.airistech.com/goods/airis-tripod-53

7 Likes

Ive heard from one of my sanitary valve suppliers in the PNW (but not seen in any official docs) that the E-cig folks are moving away from using any PTFE/Teflon in their processing equipment to eliminate the rare instance a gasket or the like is damaged/degraded and that material making its way into the vaporized end product. Makes some sense to me but I can also see how its just talk.

2 Likes

Then I strongly think it’d be
A good move, but market wouldn’t be that large, most consumers want to use. then throw out. Even the Vape industry does that, and that’s only filling ejuice, not distillate.

What are they switching to? Silicone is reactive and leaches into product. I’ve seen silicone containers discolor from oils first hand

3 Likes

not sure what type of plastics are used but have you seen Kung Fu Vapes Quasar Pod?

1 Like

https://m.dhgate.com/product/food-grade-pctg-pods-vape-pen-ceramic-coil/437459188.html
Thoughts on PCTG?

These pctg pods claim to be bpa free
https://soupwire.com/vaporesso-renova-zero-pod-system/

https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/S0308-8146(97)00110-6

BPAs are not the only concern

https://sci-hub.tw/10.1016/j.polymer.2009.06.066

If you choose not to follow those criminal links, they basically say that both ethanol and limonene absorb into PET. So I think leeching becomes a problem.

2 Likes

www,420cbdpen.com

15 bucks each? Gotta work that down a bit. …

20 each… or $60k for 10 thousand unit… did i read that right? they look cool but ouch