Cartridge noobie

Looking for some help in making my own carts. Never filled carts. I am a rookie filling carts but I have been experimenting and involved with other forms of thc for the last 15 years. Anything would help. Thanks.

1 Like

Everything you will probably want to know is on the board. We’ve discussed things such as recipes equipment and cart manufacturers

3 Likes

I’ll look for the threads. Thank you.

Tag methods and information here I am a new to the website and can’t really find much besides all this advanced distillation process I just want to learn to fill carts with distillate using terps.

Search for cart filling, they tons! U may have to skin through some

2 Likes

Search results for 'diluent' - Future4200 used to be the high yield query

Edit: looks like you’ll need waders :thinking:

Just your favorite

1 Like

That’s what it looks like…it used to catch all the cart threads.

You’re correct, it now catches my reponses to “where are the cart threads”…

Nowhere near as useful. But the best I’ve got before coffee or cannabis

How about Search results for 'Cart terps' - Future4200

:zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

This post seems to have some good info @Knowledegeispower

1 Like

Always make a test batch. Its usually better the second time.

Always test new carts

Test, test, test
Never put out something that you havent tried first.

4 Likes

Also dont be afraid to make a specific formula for a specific flavor(s). Some flavors just dont come through as strong and you might need more or vise versa.

And dont just make a whole production run without having a buyer. Nothing is worse than blowing your whole wad on a bottle and filling carts only to find your buyers want a different size cart or a different style.

1 Like

All solid advice @drake

And when testing, test a small amount, not 100+grams! Your test batches shouldn’t cost hundreds or thousands of dollars (in case you mess-up or dont like it), you only need to make a small batch of carts to try, definitely under 20pcs, which is about 10g of product or less.

(still test your final batch too, to make sure you did it right.)

Thant being said, terps are strong, if you make a small test batch, make sure your scale is accurate when you are weighing out your terps because a small error (a couple drops) can change your percentage added by 0.5%-1% or more.

I still don’t know the basics. This is a little too advanced for me.

What do you mix first. The cut or the terps?
What consistency is the oil supposed to be to fill carts.
I can’t find any ratios on how much to mix of each.
Maybe there’s a video of someone prepping the distillate to fill.
I have more questions. I just need the basics before I even start to make a test batch I don’t even know how much to put of anything to make a batch for 1 cart

https://future4200.com/t/cutting-shatter-bho-with-terpenes-sop/12966/19