Cart Ready CO2 Oil

I have a couple ozs left of some co2 oil that I make carts and dart with. I’ve been making my carts lately with 50/50 thc:CBDdisty and loving the high. My question is can I interchange the co2 oil with my thc disty. I’ll be running low on thc disty soon and would like to use up the remaining co2 oil. Can I just mix the two together like my normal process? I haven’t tried it yet but I will do a small batch tonight. To see if it mixes thoroughly and doesn’t separate

Enough heat and agitation should get er done :call_me_hand:

1 Like

yep. you can use bottles in a rotor and pellet the fats or you can use a perforated basket and treat it as a big, fast filter. I like option two. lots of experience with option one.

1 Like

What exactly do you mean @cyclopath

Not sure how to be any more clear.

Which bit don’t you get?

Have you asked the all knowing one for clarification on those terms?

@Roguelab dropped it in the tricks of the trade thread. Which I recommend everybody read from head to toe. Twice.

4 Likes

Did you ever see a test result come back?

Depending on the biomass we would go one step further, de-terp, decarb, subcritical, supercritical

You can extract a variety of different “fractions” depending on parameters and method.

I had a few methods for unwinterized carts.

One was to just use the high terpene light fraction and put into a cart with a higher viscosity rating. This would have more lipids in it and depending how much, would sometimes coat your mouth which was not the best.

Method two, I would isolate a terpene fraction and mix it in with my high potency fraction. The high potency fraction would test anywhere from 75-95% straight from the machine depending on the run.

Here is a picture of just the light fraction in a shitty china cart. It was the only one I had available to sneak this experiment in.

3 Likes

What machine are you using for your unwinterzied carts and terp pulls?

I was using an Eden at that time.

1 Like

Unwinterized and winterized c02 in a cart

1 Like

92% Total Cannabinoids, doesn’t crystallize, no cuts, .3% Total THC

5 Likes

Run extraction no higher than 1200psi. Set 1st separation vessel at 400psi. Collect and fill carts. Even better if you do not decarb the material and keep all the terpenes.