Cart Ready CO2 Oil

The best I have made is off pop corn trim, deterp, decarb, subscritical runs. Your biomass is the most important thing.

Seem to be seeing a trend of subcritical run, instead of supercritical, in order to get a higher quality oil straight from the machine. For those doing this, do you seem to be pulling the full potential of cannabinoids from the material? Or are you willing to sacrifice some yield in order to get a higher quality outcome?

1 Like

Yup longer run time, less yield, but a product that can come out with the only post processing is hot plate to purge the co2

2 Likes

It’s a custom setup by a company called Cool Clean (I’ve never seen the name printed so it might be spelled differently)

We get 71% Total cannabinoids on average after pulling about 75g of water off per kg on average

1 Like

Is anyone else in here running CXE? I’d love to have someone to discuss the things I’m seeing and working on with.

1 Like

Bloom farms carts are supposedly “just co2 oil” whatever that means, they also advertise as full spectrum. They sell quite well.
From what customers said they are tasty

I’m running an Apeks, De-Terp, Decarb, then Supercritical, remove co2 from oil and reintroduce terps. The oil and terps look beautiful and absolutely clear before and after homogenizing. However when I load it into a pen it doesn’t seem to flow properly. Would you think this is due to fats/lipids, too high of a cannabinoid content, temperature, or the hardware itself?
Total Cannabinoids 75.6% Total Terps added 9.7% w/w

2 Likes

I have work for two separate companies that both use Supercritical Extract for pen ready oil fresh out of the extractor. I have seen other who run much longer subcritical runs to achieve similar results.

Hey like minded individuals,

First time posting on a thread. I just started using the IES system and can confirm it has cart ready oil from harvesting. All that’s needed is placing the oil on a hot plate to purge the remaining Co2. I’ve heard the potency is between 70/80%. If any extractors have a set of parameters to get 80% + and feel like sharing to save me the time to R/D, that would be greatly appreciated in a private dm

Hell yeah

what about it doesn’t flow properly? getting dry hits or leaks?

1 Like

In the 0.5ml the bubbles form and rise to the top, in the 1.0mL not so much.

Edit: Also these are two different Manufacturers (Unite,and CCell)

the bubbles usually mean it’s wicking into the ceramic. The cartridge is sealed, so when the oil leaves, it gets replaced by air. That’s my theory anyways. Bubbles mean it’s wicking, though, so if there is no leak, and it’s not dry hitting, I wouldn’t worry about it. You could always store them upside down after filling so that they aren’t primed until you want them to be, though.

1 Like

I am mostly worried about the bubbles forming a cavity that doesn’t fill back in with warm oil creating a “dry hit”. The 0.5ml seems to warm up enough to backfill the air bubble created from air displacement. the 1.0mL doesnt. The 0.5mL is a test, I will be releasing in 1.0mL hardware.

Are you winterizing? Running an Apeks and we have found that unless properly winterized/dewaxed, the carts dont tend to hold viscosity or flow well.

The.5ml gets hotter inside the chamber bc less metal and glass to heat

If the coil is covered and bubbles start after hitting forming onbottom its bc ur out running the oil to the coil. Either thin the oil or warm (warm oil is thinner than cold)the carts prior to hitting, this is usually a winter time problem w ambient temps being way colder than summer. Personally I’d just heat the cart w lighter or hair dryer vs adding more terps or diluent

1 Like

We are not winterizing, currently running parameters that extract very little fats and waxes. It flows perfectly on a 0.05mL cartridge or in a pod. My thoughts are that it is ambient cold weather temps vs surface area of the 1.0mL cartridge. I will try to winterize a sample and fill a 1.0mL cartridge.

1 Like

What parameters are you running for supercritical pulls that dont need to be winterized and are pen ready?

2 Likes

My bet is winterization will solve the problem.

CO2 is extremely good at pulling wax’s and while the viscosity may work for smaller volumes, the 1ml cart is giving enough room for separation.

+1 above, what kind of parameters are you running?

3 Likes