Cart filling tech

I have massive cart orders that need to be filled asap. I have been had this task thrust upon me at random. there is already a existing crew filling these carts with no procedure or set parameters. I have a decent budget and a open mind so I was wondering if someone could drop some solid knowledge on the following: temp witch is safe to heat up my distillate to get it to a appropriate viscosity. the methods best fit for heating distillate to desired temp. best capping machines. and I was looking into the Fifty shot single barrel filling gun and wondered if I can get some feed back on that.

4 Likes

How does one not know this info and gets orders is beyond me.
What’s your budget? How many carts? Capping machines don’t come cheap. Significantly more expensive then that 50shot your looking at.
50 shot is cool and works for smaller production… 1 50shot could probably get 1 person through what takes your entire “team” to do. I set my version of the 50shot to 138f.
If your serious and budget osnt an issue then the Thompson Duke filler and capper is the way to go for large orders

1 Like

Does Hogan have a capper dialed in?
Last time I spoke with him he was trying to see if the effort was worth the time.
The new vape-jet is the love and can handle all filling needs fast and accurately with data to reference on the backend.

Do you have a homogenizer? Capping can be cheap if you have the right caps. What kind of carts will you be using?

50 shot will be misery to use at scale. Get ready for angry fillers and transfer loss.

You can find the current best manual filler here:

8 Likes

what is a homogenizer? what are the benefits of homogenization?
And we are currently using the C-Cell G5

First off how big is your order. If your order is only a few hundred or less a fifty shot or something similar and a vape bit for caps will be fine. Vapebit.com
I used just the bit with a 12in wood clamp from harbor freight.
A homogenizer is a device that mixes the solution evenly. Better then a mag stirrer

Don’t buy the vape bit. Take a nut driver and dip it in rubber. Seriously one of the biggest rip off items since glob mops.

I agree it makes life easy. Just don’t waste your money, even if you have it to waste.

4 Likes

Huge. I need to do 15k a week consistently.

Hire @qma to teach you! :joy::rofl::joy:

Probably save you a shit ton of headache.

6 Likes

Dont use a vape bit use this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073PRY9W6/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DNXM8WC/

A homogenizer is what you need to mix. You will need to heat to about 70-80c to mix. Ill send u a link once i finish this batch

10 Likes

is the bit and screw gun for screw on caps? The G-5 I am using are press on with a rubber gasket.

What is your batch size? Are you blending in hte or terps? With 15k a week you can afford a planetary mixer if you dont like heat here are some options:

^Most expensive mixing solution, they have larger sizes depending on your batch

^This homogenizer is almost industry standard. If you buy it buy several probes

5 Likes

Look above. This is why I said. Paying for @qma to come to your location and teach you this in person can save you thousands if not 10s of thousands in lost product and testing.

And god damn qma. I didn’t realize that homogenizer you have is $1800. Fuck bro.

8 Likes

You want an arbor press for those. You can rig a cart mold to it to press multiples. Where are you located? I could help you set up shop the right way, the fast way, the cheap way, or a mixture of the three

6 Likes

15k a week in carts is $150k a week at the low ball point. Thats a lot of money to fuck up inside a month to be asking all these questions.

7 Likes

I wish I could do that but its not my call. maybe once our new facility is up but for now my hands are tied. the individual running it no it using obviously flawed methods for mixing terp with raw distillate and the more I talk to you the more I realize how flawed their methods are lol. so basically I would appreciate a crash course in the process we are putting a lot of distillate at risk by taking on capping mixing and filling carts and just need some solid knowledge and product references so I can show my employers who jumped in head first into tis with no planning what we need to do to become efficient because at this rate we may sink. thank you for the knowledge so far though you have already opened my eyes a lot :thinking:

1 Like

yeah i call @qma…the cart whisperer. LOL

8 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I have three arbor press what type of mold would I use?

Gotta either make it custom or pay someone to fabricate it. I am certified for colorado if thats where your employers are

5 Likes