Cart filling tech

I am in cali. I have a decent fab dude ill see if I can get him to make something. what are you using to heat? and just to be clear on homogenization you basically do it to prevent separation of the terps and distillate?

Heat which component? The filler lines? Your starting jars? The homogenizing vessel? On a 15k op you will need heat in many parts of your process. Honestly, if your boss cannot afford a consultant he will be in bad shape regardless of the equipment you have.

2 Likes

15k carts? 1ml .5ml or .3ml? That will determine how much distillate you will need. Mix with terpenes like True Terpenes or Floraplex only, no PG or VG. Buy a glass syringe on amazon and some blunt tip needles, 12-16 gauge, depends on what you like and the kind of carts you are using. Heat it to about 130f or what what works for the syringe you have, hotter will burn off your terpenes. You have to get pretty hot, like 320f to burn off or convert your THC so dont worry about that too much. I use a magnetic stirrer the wider the vessel and the longer the stir bar, the better. Turn the heat down as you are filling and the distillate gets low in the vessel, as the distillate may get darker under heat. Then fill them up. 2 guys really working can easily fill and cap 2k per 8 hour day.

2 Likes

You are gonna recommend glass syringes for a 15k a week op? His wooks will kill him :rofl::rofl::rofl: A mag stirer for a 15k cart op? He wont finish mixing terps into his disty in a week with a mag stirer

3 Likes

You have little faith. You donā€™t need to mix the whole 15k into 1 batch. The state Iā€™m in limits batch size to 1k grams. If his wooks donā€™t like it they can quit.

1 Like

thatā€™s my main concern in the past the consultants we have hired have been really incompetent so they are wary and they are just kind of winging it. so Iā€™m trying to take a matters into my own hands. Iā€™m curious about starting jars what method is most consistent?

1 Like

batch being amount of product being mixed with terp?

Yes. Most people do somewhere around 5-10%

I use the Fifty shot. It works good once you get the temp and viscosity right. I like to use the Liberty v9 carts because the air tube comes right out and makes filling way faster compared to fixed tube designs. But, you can only load 25ml at a time, which is fine at a small scale because you want to cap them quickly anyways.

Reloading doesnā€™t take to long, but would add up doing it all day long. For the amount your talking about filling you would need a army of people and at that point it would be cheaper to invest in better equipment.

2 Likes

where do I even start with tube fill systems?

How does your starting material come?

What will your batch size be?

How many employees do you currently utilize?

If you already have a large labor force, manual fillers will work. For an operation producing 15k carts a week you will have a large portion of your team dedicated to filling

5 Likes

You use that bit? Does it work for round mouthpieces?

If they are round and have no catch grooves you can utilize a plastidipped 8mm socket in conjunction with the dremel tool. The dremel when grasped with a sturdy lab arm makes a wonderful capper and you can buy 50 for the price of the cheapest capper I have seen sold.

1 Like

credence filling systems

anyone ever use this to press a full tray at once?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XNZ7CZ7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Not that specific press, but we have advised clients / helped them build similar setups for press-fits. Usually using a hydraulic press to make things easier.

You will be able to cap all 100 at a time as long as they are properly aligned, and the plates are parallel.

Thanks for the reply! I didnā€™t think about it not being hydraulic but it states 1.5 tons of pressure so I assume it should be okay. Hopefully this works as it would be much more efficient. If you have any products or builds similar to this that you would be willing to share would be appreciated by me and the community! I will post how this works in a month when itā€™s delivered.

Typically we donā€™t offer capping solutions, as the difference between manufacturers makes creating a capper more often than not a one-off.

Next time we throw one together, we will document and get pics.

In all reality, the most common thing is to grab a good welder, and have them weld the bottle jack to a plate, and then build a bottom plate with bolts / nuts to adjust the parallels. Throw it all on a frame.

Sounds very similar to what I ordered but hydraulic version. Or maybe iā€™m not picturing it correctly. Hopefully I donā€™t regret going with spring loaded. Thanks a lot for the replies and info again! It is much appreciated.

Extremely similar, the only difference being the bottle-jack. Shoot us a message when trying to get it together and we would be happy to help!