CAPNA Ethos 6 general discussion

are you going for a spinny one instead?

We are scaling past the capacity of an ethos 6, for those who are asking.

Just doesnā€™t meet my production goals. Not large enough.

1 Like

People who go with a CUP15 are fools in my opinion. Enjoy replacing those lenticular filters every day or 2 :rofl: They fooled ya into a pay-per-use model scheme. Avoiding lipid co-extraction from the get go is the way to go.

6 Likes

Are you going with the atles or whatever its called?

Nope. Iā€™m not really at liberty to disclose what Iā€™m going withā€¦ Iā€™ll be updating some photos on my Instagram as the buildout occurs in a 2 months or so.
Planning for a minimum of 1 ton biomass per day.
Only a few manufacturers/fabricators make units able to process that much, easily.

4 Likes

where are you sourcing the thermo-nuclear reactor required to get your solvent back?

assuming gas fired, my math says youā€™re looking at almost 3x106 BTU on the hot side.

how about cooling? water? or 10tons of chiller running constantly?

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got some connections for a small amount of lightly irradiated plutonium, and am designing a small ā€˜researchā€™ reactor with the coolant functioning as a steam generator for our FFE :joy::skull::kissing_smiling_eyes:ā€¦
Will also be irradiating myself, after injecting nantes into my blood stream; along with naming my future first born Brucie#2. Hoping to make a hulkā€¦

See, now youā€™ve got the NSA/DoD on my ass, why did you have to foil my plansā€¦

Lmao. Seriously though, were just using electric steam generators powering a FFE running 24/7ā€¦ only extracting for half the day. Iā€™ve got a large amount of saturated solvent storage tanks for intermediate storage to run the FFE the rest of the time.

2 Likes

So on the order of 50kW steam generator x 16ish hrs?

For ~1000gal => vapor.

Then raising the temp 10C on 20,000gal of water to get it back to into liquid form?!?

(Based on ~150 BTU to raise 1gal by 10oC)

Plus some Huberous or Jubalicous amount of ā€œmake it coldā€??

2 Likes

What does something like this retail for?

~$105-115k OBO.

Why not just use a different filter? You donā€™t have to buy the filtration system from Delta. Or are you suggesting the ethanol warms up too much during the process and therefore extracts too many fats?

1 Like

Iā€™ve spent alot if $ doing the research between these machines. CAPNA allows you to skip the winterization process. CUP literally makes you buy into a pay-per-use lenticular filter program lol. Only a silly niave person would get one of those filters.

1 Like

Yes, the CUP literally warms up too much. And extracts fats by nature of the apparatusā€™s agitation extraction method. Itā€™s not a very good design. Maybe for the 2017 market it was. But no longer.

3 Likes

Good to know. I have been curious about the CAPNA systems. The look about right, but I doubt they can cool enough ethanol to be used to their maximum extraction rate as advertised (if you are cooling to a low temp). However a custom designed cold ethanol bulk storage system could easily solve that.

What are the temp parameters on a CAPNA? Have you seen one demoed? Hardware looks good? I would buy them off you but we arenā€™t far enough along in our operations plan to afford more extraction capacity. (Working in a CO2 lab right now).

Yessir. I have demoā€™d the exact units we have on the way, that Iā€™m selling.

Extract/crude comes out as good as any other cold ethanol system can produce. I have pictures Iā€™ll try to post soon.

1 Like

I swear itā€™s not my urine sample from my last drug testā€¦

This was resulting from SHITTY trim.

1 Like

Went with Pinnacle instead eh? I did the same lol.

DEAD LOL :joy:

2 Likes

thats the price for both?

No? Call CAPNA and ask how much each is newā€¦
Thatā€™s the price per each.

1 Like