Cant put my finger on it....dark runs no matter what

its a 4 inch column. i run the solvent in slowly and it freezes the shit out of the column. i n2 assist through the top of the material column to push the cold solvent out so its not warming in the column.the material column stays frozen for a while. like for 1/2 my recovery. i close the main valve between the material column and collection column after the n2 assist to make sure warm solvent doesnt enter the collection chamber. i did an experiment last night and froze 2 columns over night and ran per my usual cold run. same resultsā€¦

Have you done any dry runs to clean sometimes nasty oil builds up in the valves

3 Likes

even when i dont pre freeze, the material column gets super frozen from the dry ice slurry and stays frozen for like 30 minutes.

1 Like

Iā€™m running warm with w1 havenā€™t had a single run not be fire yellow

3 Likes

yeah man i started this week off with super clean, dry, fresh everything to see if i could figure out my issue.

1 Like

that sounds nice. glad youre running again bro!!
\

1 Like

Thanks! Most of my material is fire but I had one or two dudes drop off some garbage that came out lit as well. My only guess is that maybe you are getting residual cleaning alcohol in your system or your mol sieve is spent and your solvent has water in it

I would definitely buy a 2 oz open blast tube and some premium cans to see how that comes out

4 Likes

Are you running more solvent over the material compared to before?

as far as i can tell it all evaporates long before i pack the column and do a run. i use acetone and my extracts have been testing non detectable for it.

i baked the shit out of my beads, then distilled my solvent, then baked beads again, then did a run and got dark shitā€¦

used new gas and distilled through fresh beads before useā€¦

idk man. something is up. its fucking with me

Hmm maybe scale back the solvent to try!

One can per oz is the golden ruleā€¦

1 Like

i was running 1500 grams over 200 grams and now im running 10-12 lbs over 2 lbs give or take

1 Like

Back in the day I used to clean buchner with acetone. I would have to flush with alcohol and water to get it out of the fritt

1 Like

thats interesting. am i fooling myself to think its just evaportating off?? like i mentioned before our extracts are coming back from testing with undetctable levels but i suppose that doesnt mean its not present in a small amount during my extraction, right?

were you having issues that lead you to rinsing your buchner ?

Yea I could see it being the problem. Maybe some sort of dry steam cleaner for finishing touches?

dry steam cleaner?? no results on google

I used to open blast then freeze on dry ice 24 hours and filter butane thru Buckner like @Waxplug1 . I decided to clean with acetone, and vacuum dry. That batch came out super runny and I basically made a sugar sauce. It was an extract ahead of its time lol. But after that I started flushing it clean with alcohol followed by water. Million ways to clean it I guessā€¦

2 Likes

def going to hit with alcohol then water. then dry and see if that helps. that may be what im missing. i hope so man. been chasing my tail. you contine to be a ton of help bro! thank you man. ill keep you posted.

3 Likes

There harvesting about 2 weeks mater than usual

Silica60 and t5 will get the reds most time

i think acetone is reacting with the b80 and causing my extracts to go red. i think its also causing my dark extracts when im not using b80. im guessing even a trace amount can have an effect?? idk. im not sure what else to attribute to my problem at this point.