Cant find 5 inch column hangers

Im looking for 5 in column hangers and cant find any in stock. Looking for the type that has a 1/2 stud coming out of the back to mount to the rack. Any body know who carries these? Hfs is dry and xd doesnt carry 5 ".
For a 3 in jacketed spool

1 Like

Hi,
You could either make an adapter sleeve to fit the larger size mount, or fabricate a clamp.
Are you looking for 3" too?

2 Likes

I got mine from OSS. But I’ll be cutting that stupid NPT female off and doing something different.

They have them for like $8 so I figured why not

Only place I could find them like this was hfs.

3 Likes

And they’re out of them…

I assumed we wouldn’t be seeing these at all anymore. I don’t think people are running 3" jacketed vessels anymore…which is why I bought my 3ea 3x48 jacketed columns for $165 each. When the industry levels up, us hobby guys gotta come behind them and buy the left overs for a big discount…but that’s probably just me being frugal lol

9 Likes

Nahhh that’s smart shopping bro

2 Likes

This is why I went with a 4” material column! Got it dirt cheap from oss. (Would have rather gone with a 6” if budget wasn’t an issue)

3 Likes

How many did you need?

Use a 4in it will work but you need to get longer bolts from home depot

1 Like

We can make our own material columns if we try. Us boys from the hills do things our way…

Condenser jacket and 6" column jacket…

9 Likes

No just 5 in. 2 of them

Its my crc column. Its jacketed to recover at the end.

1 Like

Dope. Have plenty of 4 in ones

did the 4" work out?

@GreenMachine_Consult likely can hook it up

This is a 6in jacketed column with a 6in and 8in hanger. Had to make the 6in work till the 8in came in

4 Likes

LOL. Ya no. They suck. Still waiting on shit i ordered 4 months ago. Nothing custom. As a matter of fact these clamps are for a column from part of that order and was supposed to come with studs on it.

1 Like

Well that doesn’t give me much hope. They quoted me a 2-4 week delay with covid. It has been over 10 weeks now with no update and a double charge on my card… I finally emailed them the other day. I guess we will see…

This is hilarious.

@Slabby put the pipe down

@Hooch post a screenshot of this email you sent, you muppet

2 Likes