Cannabis sex testing maine

If it has balls it’s a dude

If it has a long clit looking thing its a fem

Thats how I do it at least

1 Like

I grow 3 seeds per plant usually because of this.

4 phenos per tent/grow and 2-3 per seed on average. Last run I got 10 ladies I believe of 20 plants

6 went outside and other 4 stayed inside

I mean honestly if the argument is you’re in a state with a plant limit, if picking out males is such a headache just buy fem seeds?? Reg seeds are literally for breeders and people who want to pheno hunt, if all you can do is 6 plants honestly man you shouldn’t be pheno hunting. But whatever, that’s just me. I get where you’re coming from but also if you got 6 plants I wouldn’t waste money sending them to test for sex when I can just use my bare eyeballs in a week or two. Whatever man.

Edit: but I guess if it’s only 10 bucks?? But idk how much effort and I willing to put into my 6 plant grow lmao

2 Likes

That’s cheap as hell for a test

It ends up being around 20$ per test because you need to buy the kit

There might be cheaper options out there I am not sure

2 Likes

That aint all too bad. Could be worse but for a homegrower $$$ will be tight usually

Yeah that’s not too bad, but still, I just feel like I’d be better off going the lazy root and just getting fem seeds.

1 Like

You kill me lmao

1 Like

most states have a limit for adult plants and allow more children than adults for this exact reason.

Oregon used to be 4 adults and like 12 plants below 24" as long as they were not in flower. (dont quote me on that for current laws though this was a while back off memory and im not a grower. my thumbs arent green they are amber because i can turn those green plants to gold… )(that was cheesy as hell but fuck it im on one today.)

3 Likes

Would be cool to be living in one of those ‘most states’. Alas.

3 Likes

Bro, in Colorado you can just go to the “weed doctor” and pay him $300 extra for an extended plant count, and depending on your ailment they’ll “prescribe” 13 - 99 plants instead of the regular 12 plant count, iirc. Haven’t lived there since 2019 i think, and I had a 60 plant count lol

In Michigan you can have 24 plants a person iirc.

Cancer survivor I know who grows has 48 plants between 2 houses.

I wanted to see how much this capability cost: $9k device

Equipment
Field Portable 96 well format Thermocylcer is used for our DNA extraction and nucleic acid amplification methods. This instrument provides the ability of high accuracy temperature control, which increases reproducibility for our assays. Portability, speed and sensitivity is crucial for our field testing services and we work on utilizing the best instruments for our customers.

2 Likes

$60 with a 7 day turn around. LeafWorks Cannabis & Hemp DNA Sex Test

2 Likes

It’s just a matter of the position you are in and perspective. If I throw plants outside, I just check them as they grow. It’s like the question about the agronomics of a 10K clone. It makes ALOT of sense if it can boost profits by 1% and you’re a million dollar a month business.

3 Likes

I came into this thread expecting something completely different

4 Likes

Is that what the football team used to say to you in high school?

1 Like

Where to find a sex testing lab is the most common asked questions for new growers?..
The most common way people make a fool of themselves here is commenting before reading the thread and the original post. Or maybe u just can’t retain the information for the amount of time it takes you to type a comment.

1 Like

You’re right man, I’m a fool. My brain don’t work good.

1 Like

I think most of the guys harassing you didn’t even understand your question. Or they didn’t know sex testing is a thing. I’ve always heard that farmer freeman is the cheapest option.

Also I’d like to say to everyone else that @44northorganicfarms has been quite pleasant for awhile now, even when people talk shit…I believe he’s paid his dues for the wind chime incident.

2 Likes