Cannabis processing facility buildout 🛠️

Get a tap and die set. Some helicoils too.

1 Like

Helicoils for a liquid/pressure connection?

1 Like

No just was mentioning those to have around the lab for fixing stuff. Should have put that warning along with the post. Good watching out.

2 Likes

All compression fittings that get welded should start as a compression end, then to a replaceable port connector. This way you can strip as many as you want haha

2 Likes

definitely a bad idea, and also not really a possibility on a compression fitting nut.

1 Like

I bet you don’t make it to Jan '24 at this place lol

2 Likes

Can’t you just cut it and reswage it?

5 Likes

Of course you can :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

that is a good suggestion, i can do this but:

it is short and the wrench wont fit between it and the valve, I would need to extend the pipe or move the guage with fittings or some other manner which would void the cert

boss was presnted with the modify it or replace it options and he chose this route.

I will fix this one

that says so much more about you than me, weird energy to put into the universe

wish you well and hope you have the best 2023 possible

2 Likes

that is a great design tip!

curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david

2 Likes

i just apprecaite that you are keeping me in your thoughts

love you

1 Like

You can absolutely come in on top of that other 90° jic fitting with some wrenches, you’re just gonna have to short stroke it.

3 Likes

Thinking about putting the guage on a 90

If your very patient it is possible to remove the compression sleeve. I’ve done this twice on an Eden Labs unit. You will have to hammer a flat head in between the compression fitting and sleeve (you see a small groove). If you hammer too hard it could dent the pipe. With enough space you can then pry off the fitting.
As someone had mention they are for brass/copper but once you get the sleeve separated a little you can then use the compression sleeve puller tool to get it fully off. I didnt have one for the first one I did so I just angled the flat head and hammered it off. It will leave scratches on the pipe but it got it off. No option for me to send back pipes to get fixed base on my location.

1 Like

Thank you. Great tip on removing the sleeve

bonus points for using a back mount gauge

Might as well cut it at that point, setting a new compression fitting on that marred section is going to be a nightmare ain’t it?

2 Likes

Stainless pipe cutting and deburring

Installing compression sleeves