Cannabis no longer schedule 1, Is this for reals!!!!

I’m sure Obama wasn’t hurting as much in the polls to need that Hail Mary for re-election though. Not to mention they didn’t have conservative states on board at the time.

4 Likes

It’s the Conservatives that have witnessed the healing properties of Cannabis.

I hear stories about law enforcement and politicians changing their minds about it when let’s say their wife gets cancer and it goes into remission with not only the chemotherapy but the Cannabis as well, they change their minds about it.

On all reality though, I would rather see someone spark a joint than down a nip. So I’m not entirely against federal legalization I’m just weary of what might come of it.

Look at Humboldt county and all the mom and pop shops and farms that aren’t operating anymore after legalization hit California… Imagine that on a large scale? Imagine such crackdown and regulation that, it would’ve just been better to keep it how it was (which would be how it is now).

… I see some good. Like being able to go across state lines with Cannabis without fear of arrest…

I see some bad. Like local governments requiring a cctv feed of your personal use grow op with permits and them requiring you to have the camera feed set to a certain server.

I see some neutral, people allowed to carry up to 2 ounces in public without fear of persecution of the law.

Also not patentable, which may disincentivize pharma companies as well. An interesting perspective.

Do you think it’s too cynical? While the profitability would be low compared to most drugs, but enough to make it non-viable?

I think you guys are missing something very important.
Once it’s schedule 1 the big Pharma is going to get involved. Big Pharma has a fuck load of the money that they spend on lobbyists and I can tell you if I was in big Pharma I would make damn sure that the lobbyists push for such insane amount of regulation to wear only billion dollar companies can afford to jump through all the hoops which means all of us are going to sit there with our dicks in our hands unable to compete. But hey it’s going to be “legal” and companies that are able to actually withstand the scrutiny will be able to use Banks for transactions, and everybody that loves to get high is going to be super happy… But if you’re trying to make money in this business you are going to be the definition of FUCKED. And you know I’m right because if you had the ability to get into a multi-billion dollar business and completely eliminate the ability of almost all of your competition to do business against you wouldn’t you do so???

2 Likes

In the raw form of whole flower there’s nothing to patent.

:point_up:t2:When you can get it into certain formulations as a concentrate in a pill form then you have something.

Look at CBD and Epidiolex…

2 Likes

you mean 3

1 Like

Lol or the original patent.

No. I’d want fair competition but I’d also take what I could get back as long as said business of mine was still able to function and make the ROI and a solid profit while being able to provide my employees benefits and a pension plan. …

If we’re gonna talk legalization at the federal level, wouldn’t it be more chill to give solid retirement plans, 401K’s, decent health insurance… maybe even dental?..

That’ll be fucking cool more benefits for employee’s … Like can cannabis companies currently even offer benefits like medical, dental and pension plans?

Id be very surprised if that moron even ran next year, at some point whoever has all the dirt on him is gonna have a sit down. I dont think he ever even meant to be president thats why he was so lose with his scams, he just happen to be the known face and so incompetent that probably obama knew he could use him like a ventriloquist dummy.

2 Likes

Yes you’re right moderna Johnson & Johnson Merck etc etc all the big ones completely encourage competition against them.

As far as providing benefits to your employees yeah these three or four companies that are going to take over everything is going to provide benefits to the hundred employees they have that will take over the jobs of thousands of people doing them now

1 Like

Itll be just like out here when it was proposed, most will see the headline and think no further about it. They’ll vote and then complain like on here all the time about how taxed and restricted it is and wonder what went wrong.

Well full* access to stock trading would be a game changer for Cannabis.