Cannabis no longer schedule 1, Is this for reals!!!!

A good advantage, but not an insane amount considering the entity structuring typically required to operate vertically… think about imported manufactured products.

Well if the farmer grows it then processes it then packages it, transports it and then sells it retail then I think tax would be 5% on the retail sale. Not too bad. But what else has federal sales tax. I think it is a bad precedent. Sort of like a VAT in Canada.

2020 election important for this topic but won’t likely happen now. Mitch McConnell, who is the head of the Republican lead senate is highly against federal legalization.

I believe it was @Dabatronicus who said CBD, the molecule, and its known morphisms could not be patented. Perhaps a manufacturing method could if it was novel, but I think he also said THCA wasn’t off the table yet…

1 Like

OMG! That’s highway robbery. The same product is getting taxed 3-4 times at different levels. What controls can be put in place for this? That model doesn’t seem sustainable for anyone involved but the government. Oh wait…it is the gov’t we’re talking about:)

1 Like

It would work for big tobacco and pharma which can in house the entire seed to retail pretty easily. And for me because I’m going vertical but I don’t think a federal sales tax makes any sense at all. Sounds like a money grab and control maneuver.

1 Like

Cause THC is the debil. Ol Mit$h has got his tentacles in the 0% D9 knockout seed so why in the Sam hell would he want legal THC??

See the pattern. Get. Ready. For. The. Ride.

2 Likes

Hey who has this D9 knock out weed? Heard about some folks in Spain but they are probably GMO.

I’d say the 5% is a big deal if this weren’t already a multi billion dollar industry.

Any cbd pill manufacturers could be at risk… ultimately we could develop a proprietary blend but still just more of a pain for everyone.

I’ve always said, these bastards won’t do such things until they find the best legal way to squeeze out as much dough out of the cannabis industry. Difference between this country and my home country(Mexico) is that the US finds legal ways to rob us blind while the other does it with no fucks given.

3 Likes

Do you think decriminalization would be better option?

1 Like

What everyone wanted but didnt know how to articulate was the descheduling of cannabis. Decrim and legalization are both ways of overregulating. Basically probibition 2.0.

1 Like

Reviving a dead thread since the title is spot on.

The department of Heath and human Services recently recommended that cannabis be rescheduled as a schedule 3 substance. I believe it’s at the DEA’s door now and they may follow suit. I’m curious about peoples’ thoughts.

How likely is this to happen?
What is the time frame for it to take effect?
What would this do to existing recreational markets?
Would the federal government start raiding recreational grows, manufacturing, and retail facilities for their pharma buddies?

4 Likes

I imagine current government will legalize before the election next year, and wouldn’t be surprised if that’s been put into motion with this announcement. As far as how putting weed in schedule 3(same as birth control), will affect retail stores, do we have any comparisons to look at from Canada? Did they schedule cannabis to be prescribed from a doctor as well, or leave it more similarly regulated like alcohol and tobacco?

This is an interesting concept, because cannabis does have way more medical purposes than tobacco or alcohol, to the point that it would be nice if a doctor could prescribe it (and insurance could pay).

At the same time, do you want your doctor choosing what strain you get to smoke?(Most likely based on what company is paying doctor the most) Is it gonna be a prescription of cookies brand for every medical condition?

2 Likes

Big Pharma won’t touch it unless it’s Schedule 2 because it is a medicine with a high potential for abuse. Though, imagine a world where big pharma can limit the amount of thca you can consume and prescribing the methods of consumption? Imagine no one being able to pick the amount of thca they can purchase.

That’s where the schedule 3 thing comes into play. Too many stoners want the high %'s

It’s gonna get up to 33% on recreational tax. Everything will be taxed more from seed to bale and from bale to sale.

Say goodbye to 45$/8th say hello to 75$ an 8th

I’m against it. I think they should just let cannabis have access to banking under a new federal program that allows cannabis to be viewed as a spice… or some shit like that

1 Like

Wasn’t it obama who said he would make it legal when he was running.

5 Likes

And Rodney Dangerfield said we were gonna all get laid. Sometimes things take awhile :frowning:

7 Likes

Thanks Obama!