Cannabis helps with detox

A cannabis business owner friend of mine received a question from one of her customers asking about which cannabinoid helps with detoxing off gabapentin meds. Wanted to check with this forum to see if anyone knows so I can help her out.

2 Likes

I used bho to get off of etizolam ~7 years ago

PAWS takes a long time to go away, but it’ll help with the initial dysphoria and flu-likes feelings

4 Likes

Just an anecdote, but afaof dropped a lifelong meth habit by moving a thousand miles away to where he didn’t know anyone from whom to buy meth, then sleeping away about a month, only getting up once a day to smoke weed and eat. After that month, he got a job, rejoined society, and never did hard drugs again. It was like the gateway theory in reverse.

12 Likes

I know someone who got of heroin like that…

Edit: but the crew took him to a shed and smoked like 3 weeks with the guys constantly… They probably went throug half a pound in 3 weeks4 people eheh

3 Likes

I got bit by a tick and ended up with Rocky Mt spotted fever REAL BAD. By the time I knew I was sick it caused my vertebrae in my neck to compress and partially collapse and that caused my right arm to burst into flames. Fucking fire hot pain.
I was given gabapentin and I took it for 4 months while my body recovered. It’s pretty easy to kick, but D9 edibles seemed to help immensely. I took only about 100mg a day for about 2 weeks and no more pills.
Cannabis is THE remarkable plant.

10 Likes

It’s funny because I basically developed an addiction to weed but as an aside I have absolutely 0 urge to try any other drug more than once. I wonder if the two are related.

Also D8 and CBG help with chronic pain. I was able to come off of a handful of psychotropics, and opiates. Came off of chronic pain management in January, and haven’t had an opiate since.

There’s a litany of ails that cannabis/hemp assists. It’s done more for me than any of the meds they’ve had me on.

13 Likes

Aye aye Capt

2 Likes

BHO and tincture. (D9) helped my wife kick years of tramadol addiction.

2 Likes

Should tell my alcoholic friend this. Close friend of mine up north explained to me yesterday how one of his friends/old friend of mine is now an alcoholic at age 18-19 and he knows it, second he gets up he gets a beer. Dude cheats on his girlfriend, realizes he’s an alcoholic and says he hates himself.

Close friend explained how said old friend tried to make a move on his now ex when they were drunk, and old friend lied through his teeth about not making a move, when he did, and I told close friend how dad did that and only way to fix it is really sitting down with him and talking, said old friend wants to take mushrooms today to maybe help, close friend said old friend may drink a tad before to “ease his nerves” as he doesn’t want him freaking out on shrooms, he gets paranoid on other drugs cannabis being one, and I told close friend he cannot drink while on them, imo it would make him throw up making it worse and wouldn’t be therapeutic, but I said thats the alcohol telling him that, when in reality if he won’t drink while on shrooms he shouldn’t get that urge to drink. And drinking while on them would probably make it worse for his addiction as well.

Shrooms are supposed to be therapeutic and taken on their own with exceptional cannabis usage to help. Shrooms are supposed to help with addiction not be paired with it is why. So hopefully that convinced said close friend to get old friend not to drink on it as it would just trigger his alcoholism more imo instead of the shroom god’s telling him he has a problem with alcohol.

Thats my 2 cents. Kind of a ramble yea but I just woke up

I think it wasnt just a fab and marketing when the canna entered the game for Americas cleanse of the presctiption problem…

But i think that was in 2019 and the pharma guys quickly jumped on that detail :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

100% truth was spoken ^^^

Detox off that stuff there is no detox.

I came straight off it w no issues

Not like she’s been taking morphine or oxy for months on end

I was on Gabewhatever its called for 4 or 5 months I literally couldn’t tell difference when I took it and when I didn’t

I’m sorry to everyone that thinks this but there is no medication that causes true withdrawal like opiates

2 Likes

they treat alcohol addiction w opiate blockers here thats weird as fuck to me but it worked for them so they come down like ur supposed to and was able to stop taking them and alcohol

2 Likes

I’ve seen naloxone work magic on some heavy alcoholics.

3 Likes

weird huh but me too

They take suboxone here

1 Like

Try quitting a serious benzo or booze habit, it makes opiates look easy by comparison

7 Likes

you’ve lost ur mind

Nothing compares to herion

The worse flu and shits…throw ups cold sweats thats last weeks

Its proven fact

3 Likes

Eat 5 Xanax a day for a couple years and try to go cold turkey and see what happens, it’s a bit worse than shitting and puking your guts out

3 Likes

I have boss. Not my first time around the block

Now shoot up $100 worth H every day for year tell me which hurts worse and makes u shit harder throw up worse not wanna move and wanna kill ursefl. The worse flu that u could ever go through

I’ve physically watched it tear ppl apart

Opiates have physical plus mental withdrawal

Everything else is mental w mild physical

1 Like