Cannabis derived terpenes vs non-cannabis derived terpenes

I have hemp extracted Steam d distilled that are very good at 20 per milliliter and I have CO2 extracted real cannabis indoor terps too. They range and color from very light pale yellow too dark and actually some of our most effervescent pungent batches are dark ones like our Clementine and our sunshine for a batch totally phenomenal and actually really dar

1 Like

Are you located in Michigan? I’d love to try your extracted terpenes. I have experimented with vacuum assisted steam distilled and had good results with fruity strains, less so with OG varieties. I am looking at just using decarbed live resin 50/50 with distillate if I can’t find good cannabis terpenes at a reasonable price point.

3 Likes

I am in genessee county MI

1 Like

The sauce may be dark, but it is most definitely useable. Especially when you crash out the diamonds using more traditionally derived cannabis essential oils. Makes it nice and runny.

Also not trying to promote glue terpenes. I mean true terpenes

1 Like

Spurflower, Plectranthus neochilus

Fragrant Phlox

Polemoniums

2 Likes

Totally. We haven’t released ours yet but soon.

2 Likes

Sucks having to dry the material, doesn’t it? Cannabinoid yields can go down too.

I’m confused, are these plants with similar terpene profiles to cannabis? Plant sources of thiols?

A company in ontario, canada makes some. They call it terp nectar. Earl dabs labs

1 Like

TERP NECTAR

Typically containing 30-40% THCa and 40-55% terpenes, our terp-nectar is a terpene enriched, liquid THCa oleoresin. Using techniques found only at the EarlDabsLabs, we begin by performing a single solvent pass with a mixed hydrocarbon, to create a full spectrum concentrate, allowing the biomolecules to remain unchanged. While still in aqueous phase, we introduce pure cannabis terpenes, also extracted at our labs, to a >5% solution by volume.

Then, using proprietary equipment and specialized techniques, we have developed a method to isolate the terpene rich essential oil layer. However, before isolation is complete, we separate the forming terpene rich layers without altering the biochemistry of the extract. This ensures our terp-nectar contains a well rounded THCa-terpene profile. Then, we continue to purge the extract until >99.97% of the solvent has been removed, and our liquid THCa oleoresin is further enhanced, once again using pure cannabis terpenes. The re-introduction of natural hydrocarbons from the terpenes at this stage heightens the effects of the extract and increases bioavailability.

Whether enjoyed on its own, or used to augment the profile of any of your favourite extracts, the result is an exceptionally strong concentrate, that is remarkably flavourful.

Just the smallest drop is needed to achieve extraordinary effects.

2 Likes

What do you do with the sauce after you crash out the crystals

Cool. I though about doing the extraction in a similar way. I won’t blow up their method. But sounds tasty (I love smelling these and peeping CoAs) I’m probably not able to get them unless I’m in Canada. They can be seized as Cannabis by California or the U.S. since they’re coming out of an unlicensed (as far as California is concerned) facility.

I’m gonna go to Canada soon tho. Yummy!

1 Like

Eh, I’ve used all the Floraplex diluents at ranges from 10-25% and it gets pretty harsh above 15 imo. Lots of throat/nose burn.

1 Like

Adding to distillate for full spectrum cannabis flavour/smell/effect

B.C. has the best weed scene by a long shot. These guys only work with people who have a prescription. Not sure how that works cross border, but if you had a copy of a prescription from where you’re at they would probably accept that, and ship anywhere in canada

2 Likes

what do you do after terp pull? Wouldn’t the water mess with the cannabinoids pull?

To be honest I’m not the one that does the steam distillation of the hemp terps, but yes I 8magune it dies mess with the cannabinoids

Steam pull?

CO2 terps —> what after that?

1 Like