Cannabis Derived CBD Isolate Pricing

Hello all,

I’m a licensed manufacturer in SoCal and recently completed a large cannabis derived CBD isolate split contract… all tracked and traced on METRC… my only question now is; how much is this stuff worth? I’ve been hearing the hemp derived prices going as low as $900 - However the supply on the cannabis side has to be significantly less, right? Any insight on the market for cannabis derived isolate?

1 Like

You answered the question with Hemp CBD pricing. Imo

Hemp sourced, MJ sourced, synthesized with brewers yeast…it’s all the same molecule and prices are the equilibrium of supply and demand for that molecule.

Correct me if im wrong but you can use hemp derived isolate in the cannabis rec and medical market right?

So cbd isolate derived from cannabis is probably limited to less people that can buy it and no need to choose that over hemp derived.

So I wold say its worth the same or less.

1 Like

I am in Texas with METRC Hemp CBD products. You can sell Hemp products to Licensed Cannabis businesses (correct me if wrong I did in the past OLCC). CBD made from cannabis won’t fetch a higher price but may be harder to sell due to saying it was cannabis (hot) originally. Your outlet may only be L2L and fetching less.

1 Like

Not true. In California, only cannabis derived products can be sold in dispensaries. So any brand or product that has CBD in it, HAS to come from a METRC-sourced cannabis plant.

1 Like

While they are the same molecule, the markets are separate. Compliant recreational brands sold in dispensaries CAN’T source isolate from hemp, it all must be cannabis derived, hence the supply shortage.

1 Like

California, where you have seshes weekly, pop up dispensaries, has strict rules on CBD in their licensed dispensaries? I mean ffs they just legalized gifting.

Idk man, pretty sure licensed cannabis farms also make some cbd strains and get them in METRC.

I can’t see that making more than 1100 especially to a taxed business.

1 Like

As has been said previously, I believe it would be worth less in general unless you find dispensaries that have to have cannabis derived. Colorado is now allowing hemp derived in dispensaries. Some certifications will not allow CBD manufacturers, like us, to use anything cannabis derived.

Copy that, I was unaware.

In Oregon you can sell hemp derived but it needs to be from an OLCC licenced facility that is required to follow all the same laws as the cannabis side.

1 Like

Oregon Dispensaries also accepts Hemp.

Thank you for the edification on this :slight_smile:

Fair to assume this explains the outrageous pricing on CBD products at medical MJ dispensaries?

https://minnesotamedicalsolutions.com/product/violet-capsules-30-capsules/

1 Like

Exactly ^

It’s expensive and very limited. Around $7-9000/kg

1 Like

I can’t see licensed dispensaries competing with CBD when the smoke shop down the street has a better price and same labs…

Good luck to whoever pays that in 2020 for CBD. Not trying to be negative, Canada pays those prices for cbd imported properly. That’s good money if you can get it.

2 Likes

Around 9k - 10k per kilo

1 Like

The rec shops that sell CBD products in CA are much more expensive per MG than most anything hemp derived, even if it has the same ratios. Like charging $120 for a 900MG papa and Barkley CBD tincture. The shops sell it as you can only trust them because they are the regulated ones

1 Like

Well, at least the elite classes can enjoy some cannabis cbd :joy:

I have around 30 kilos of type 7 Canna derived CBD resin

1 Like

100mg Cannabis derived soft gel is $7.40 for rx.
100mg Hemp derived is $4.50 for consumer.

If that ratio holds through the bullwhip then we could estimate 1kg of Cannabis CBD Iso to be valued at 165% of the hemp derived Iso price + some novelty factor.

1 Like