Cannabis cup winners- what makes them special

They used to mean something.

Now a days it’s kinda BS.

Both my high times wins I didn’t have a booth. But as it progressed booth size helped.

1 Like

Lmao it sounds like I know the facility you’re at, does it also have a “A” & “E” suite? In lower Cali?

Most cup winners I’ve seen the past few years wether flower or concentrate it’s always a overpaid hyped brand that wins. Most of the time they don’t have good product. I’ve watched a single strain win every cup it went to 3-4 years in a row from the same company. Claiming best strain of the year each time :joy: it’s not a competition when you have pockets deep enough to fool the judges.

Got this from the company who won the high times cup here in Oregon this year, nothing like the taste of farts/matches

2 Likes

When I went to the Cup in Clio/Flint in 2019 I was extremely surprised. Basically a weed flea market with a rap concert. Would have been a 5 hour wait just to get in were it not for having connections. Luckily I still had a lot of fun talking with people, it was kinda awkward talking to “labs” and asking real questions. A couple people outright told me to fuck off.

Apparently the one in MI this year is virtual or whatever. Fun.

5 Likes

I was working in the Cyco/Xtreme Gardening booths. Good times.

1 Like

Not trying to name names but I was with a large company in the Monterey area and another big player in the Desert. Left Ca for Pennsylvania and now I am in Michigan. Same song and dance everywhere man

5 Likes

I so want to meet more people from Michigan. I’ve been here for months and with COVID I never see any other humans outside of my own grow.

I heard there is a sesh coming soon. Are we all going? Will I get to meet you all? :smiley: <3

Tell me more about this virtual cannabis activity in Michigan - how can you do this virtually…ship samples to the judges direct?

3 Likes

I’ll be there, Ann Arbor on the 3rd.

https://www.cannabiscup.com/michigan-2021/

2 Likes

Dm me cause the desert is real familiar :thinking:

came here to say this.

1 Like

For real, had a run in with TGS execs (CEO & CFO) and it was rough. Long story short they told me they were going to have a commercial strawberry farmer take over their grow/extract operations instead of somebody with 17 years of large scale cannabis cultivation experience. I asked them “when was the last time you smoked a strawberry?” and they did not laugh.

7 Likes

One of the 4 Brothers I’m assuming. I only ever dealt with Brad but he was enough. I quit after they made me relabel weed as something else while we still sold it as the real thing on the shelf! Plus if you’re older than me wearing Ed hardy and going by B-Rad on Instagram then you have issues

7 Likes

Hahahahahahahahahaha

4 Likes

Hey Bro, pm me, I used to be GM of Nectar Bee. I resigned from that shit show and moved to Cali to run startups. Curious if we know each other lol.

1 Like

Then you must have seen the spider mite infested OG gg4 (1st htcc in clio) at the end booth for 700.00? The plant looked super faked!

I did move 300 clones and a unit of flower. I bought a 3’ spot in a buddies booth. Best 1000 I ever gave that guy.

1 Like

Smoking with Devin the Dude was cool.

5 Likes

The DGC Cup definitely isn’t rigged.

Shout out to Scotty, Guru and The Dude!

2 Likes

Did abyone here enter the emerald cup this year?