Cannabinoid Carboxylation

Show me where I can buy cheap CBDa isolate right now.

3 Likes

Nobody is saying it is, this for comparison of processes to achieve the same end goal. There are not tons of re-carbed anything available, either. Both starting materials are abundantly available cheaply.

There has been little demand for CBDA, thus low supply of CBDA. Also, health boards love the neutral cannabs as they’ve all been heated at high temps for hours. This can easily avoided as the reagents used and 99.5+ purity of organic compounds means there will be no biological contaminants to worry about

What we are saying, is that it’s mucn more energy efficient and just plain easier to only need to do an extraction.

Recarb includes extraction, distillation, crystallization, then the multi-step recarb process with unproven yields(we haven’t even seen a pic of a final product btw)

People are already crudely extracting CBDA, with a bit more effort they could extract much higher quality extracts with ease.

It’s surprising with the permaculture ways, you would recommend an extremely energy inefficient process. Decarb only goes downhill energy wise, Recarb has a massive energy hill to climb to make happen. (Look up Gibbs Free energy)

Yes there is tons of isolate available, but there’s millions of tons available of cheap flower. That flower has to be extracted to make the cheap CBD; Why not just stop at extraction like we do with THCA and call it a day. We pull 98% THCA directly from flower regularly, why not do the same with CBDA?

3 Likes

New person in the industry, doesn’t have an extractor. Sees an overwhelming abundance of CBD isolate that is sitting around for dirt cheap. Can take that cheap isolate and convert some to CBDa to blend back in to make crystallization resistant product ready for vaping.

Significantly lower cost and time barrier to entry.

For that guy the steps are buy isolate, recarb, mix back in if desired. He can literally buy a cheap product, add some value, flip it.

Permaculture is about recognising successful natural patterns and applying them to life. Energy is incredibly cheap and abundant in this country.

So is CBD isolate.

10 Likes

In my experience Cbda doesnt crash like cbd does… Perhaps this is an easier way to isolate then trying to kick the can 300yards to the hole.
Not to mention the constant degration of cbda to cbd… Could be a good way to remediate back to a suitable product if you are bound to specific formulations for product development.

With a little bit of acidity it crashes just like thc a/cbd.

When I do CRC and use t41 on my cbd a it crashes within 24 hours.

Low ph promotes crystal growth.

1 Like

I am working on that as we speak. Waiting till tomorrow to run procedure. I have delta 8, cbn, cbc, delta 6 cbd. Cbl, Cbd di methyl ether, and a few others coming out of cpc.

2 Likes

Does you method involve co2?

All carboxylations need CO2 from one source or another.

5 Likes

Hmmm ive been using t5 and havnt had any of my cbda crash until the oil degrades ( samples left for more than 6 months, like others are saying… Its been our method of creating the desired consistancy for carts for some of our clients. Ive only ever used t41 through small batch as a tester when crc first came up. Ill have to order some and see what kind of results come from that. Were running an 18%cbda 3%cbd cultivar this week :slight_smile: should see some cbda crystals quite soon if your saying its a 24 hr crash period!

Always open to new things but man… Carboxylation of otherwise degraded product in over saturated markets sounds pretty killer! Lol

T5 is neutral Ph, are you running in a CLS?

I basically take hemp and run it like its thc though my CLS, I use t41 at the very top of my CRC column and it alters the ph enough to promote crystal growth.

CBD A is harder to crash then CBD, but it’s not impossible.

3 Likes

Heres something interesting someone said in my thread on t5, t41 and crystal resistance

I’m not sure what other conditions Doc Mark ran to get 30% d8THCA. Where did you see that number?

I just shot the HHCA I made with Chris last November on my GCMS and didn’t see even a 100th of that amount. I ran the sample undiluted in an attempt to see any super small peaks. There might have been a smidge in the shoulder of the HHC peak, though it was ultra small, if it was there at all.

1 Like

They reported in under their company Better Chem Consulting a while back

DM’d!

Needs me some of that CBDa

2 Likes

Ill be doing some CLS runs this week with high potency CBDA material. When you say you are running as thc… Do you mean in order to crash thc-a? Best off fresh frozen and kept cold until filtration? We have been dropping thr carbon out of CRC in order to retain potency… Do you think this would have any affect on the ph if t41 was still the first in line?
Ive also been told about degumming clays… Any idea of the ph on that as a media?

I’d be interested too, if you’re happy to share. Thank you

I’m interested, you’ve pm

Talk to the Fire Marshal first. He is the God of lab building because anything he says is a regulation for the builder. He is the only person in the process who can throw his opinion out there and it instantly becomes a rule.

1 Like

Can you send the recarb SOP? My email is msawyer87@gmail.com