Canna news 500kLB bust

When I was trimming in so hum (it’s probably been 12 years since I touched scissors haha)

Pay was $350 per LB lunch included and all the fire you could put down your lungs lol

My how times have changed

3 Likes

Someone I knew would trim and I don’t know the pay but they’d just plop a shit ton of flower on the table for them to smoke while trimming.

I think pay was pretty fair tho iirc

Its $75 now and the days of buying 2k a week of costco food for everyone and pimping everything out are long gone. Not even counting the people who just don’t pay or go under before harvest, but rays in garberville parking lot isn’t full of transients anymore or the square.

2 Likes

to be real, I think they get food and a place to sleep. I barely even get that.

1 Like

It was worth a little bit more than, lmao

its worth 120 a quarter now at the dispensary. and they have peolple going in like mcdonalds.

I was referring to the price of bulk, when people paid more to trimmers

i pay 18 an hour for the one or 2 people i know who can help

1 Like

I like the notion of kilo-pounds (kLb). Finally, a tune we can all dance to.

1 Like

My understanding of it is pretty confusing. I met a guy who said it took him 6xs to cross the border this year to get to Oregon… my immediate thought was is this guy read the news, all you have to go is where they say. After my interaction with multiple farms I came to believe that he actually was getting paid 100 dollars a lb like he said. I think all the farm workers for all agricultural businesses that are migrates are trafficked. The guy that took 6xs got caught 6xs by cartels and he would get returned to his hometown and fuck all the women who’s men were in America working. If he got trafficked then he would have had a bracelet and I’m pretty sure that means he was indebted to whomever for x amount. There’s probably some belief their family is secure by the cartel also, which is how the cartel assures they get their money. I assume nobody goes anywhere until it is paid. I went to these farms and these dudes all have nice toyota trucks. They live like they are in the 3rd world and none of them put toilet paper in the toilet. They throw it on the ground and don’t pick it up. It’s a very confusing situation. A person voluntarily gets trafficked here and made to send payments to Mexico to pay for the family and debt. I know some people in the water dept here that’s how I got first hand knowledge, they are the po po here lol but ya it is a real thing. But the same people at those farms are doing grapes, tomatoes, anything and the issues here is the wine lobby is pissed they can’t compete with the illegal marijuana.
So that’s pretty much the whole story, the reason all these busts are happening and you’re hearing about slave labor is because they labor market is only so big and the cartels stole the labor with weed so the lobbyists for wine used their powers because they can’t pay the same price for labor the cartel can.
That’s how fucked it is. Essentially Oregon has hemp and marijuana classified and cannabis and it is the pilot program for the federal legalization plan I believe. Legalization is the only way to stop it. Then all the wine people will buy those licenses and have a federal branch that will save both their investments from increased labor costs.

3 Likes

When you see the Haitian immigrants going back and forth across the rio that’s because they didn’t pay for a ticket to go across. Mexicans do. They don’t cross the Rio to get groceries. They go the Midwest or Cali for farming or anywhere ag.

Because you spend it on beer

2 Likes

it sux because a 4 pack of beer is 16 bux and so is an1/8 of dank premium weed.= I should become a beer brewer, and the brewing crew will buy my weed too. that 500 k lb bust is like this- The Andy Griffith Show - Alcohol and Old Lace - National Still Smashing Day - YouTube they didn even bust anyone i think.

but its one thing to be an employee and make 90k its income/ I got some money but its all reinvested constantly into the biz. I end up making very little.- beer money

You should buy weed from yourself = free beer

2 Likes

if only it was that easy. im sure i can make arrangements with a brewpub or bartender to trade. I just gotta get out there. I should join a homebrewing club and im sure they grow weed too.

We used to trade dabs to the homie that worked at a brewery. He got all the dented cans for free

1 Like

I gave a dude free gummies the other day and later learned his gf is the bartender. I shouldve asked for a growler of ipa

Thumper is gonna be mod of reddit.com/r/prisonhooch soon

2 Likes

i dont do other sites. I got kicked off youtube for mking comments but havent tried reddit twitter facebook or the rest.