CanaButter as Product

Good Morning,

So I made some personal infused cannabis butter;

1. Decarb for about 45 min at 220 in an oven,
  2. added decarbed flower to butter (around 8 oz trim to 4 lb butter), in a slow cooker
  3. simmered on low for a good 36 hours, added water as needed to not over cook butter.
  4. Strained cannabis from butter, stored in 1/2 cup butter sticks.

so the first time i actually made a product, it was with an entire 1/2c stick for brownies, cooked at 350 in an over for 20 min. this high was a very sedative high, which is fine, since i use it to help in sleep and gut issues. The next edible i made was a reese cookie thing, for this product, i used 1/4c butter for the cooked aspect of the dish, and the other 1/4c in the filling and frosting, this produced a much less sedative high… more of a typical sativa high.

my only thought as to why, is to more degradation of the THC in the first edible i made, since the whole 1/2c was heated, not just 1/4c of the canna butter… other than that, not sure why they are so much different.

any other thoughts?

1 Like

If you already decarbed, you could be degrading THC when you cook it a second time.

1 Like

If you add water to your croc pot filled with oil and cannabis, make sure you get the water out completely as it encourages mold growth

1 Like

so it could be degrading into CBN? which is a more sedative cannabiniod?

the water is completely removed i believe, i stopped adding water at about 6 hours left in the cook. the butter and water separate pretty good in a fridge to get poured off. then i re heat butter mixture to be a liquid and then measure to correct size for baking, pour into the proper size mould, then freeze.

i have dethawed two portions so far, and neither had any signs of condensation or water on the packaging. but can never be too careful with mold.