Can you crc rosin?

asking for a friend

3 Likes

Watch it bud

We’re watching you

24 Likes

37 Likes

I’ve winterized rosin plenty of times and as much as it felt like cooking a steak in the microwave it came out surprisingly better than a basic etoh extraction.

CRC seems like it would just totally defeat the purpose of even pressing it in the first place but if the question is “I made bad rosin and want to clean it up” then sure why not? Definitely won’t be cost effective to scale but if you’re just trying to fix some botched rosin then I’m sure it will help.

7 Likes

Pretty sure there’s a crc rosin thread already

4 Likes

You can also make Rosin into distillate.

Either way, if you’re trying to CRC or turn your rosin into disillate, it’s pretty clear you shouldn’t have made rosin from the getgo.

But, short answer made long, you can redissolve rosin and CRC it, sure.

8 Likes

if u put any solvent on rosin you just defeated the whole entire purpose of making rosin … aka NO SOLVENT

9 Likes

Yep. Can’t call it “ROSIN” after it’s a solvent laden clean up.

And, to be fair, I’m not the biggest fan of CRC mids. I don’t think I’d like CRC rosin mids.

2 Likes

Rosin…

Lol

5 Likes

why not take water hash mix it with some magic powder before loading it into its pouch. the terpenes will be the solvent that helps everything pass through the dirt

Wouldn’t that lead to powder contamination?

9 Likes

There’s so many things wrong with this idea

6 Likes

have a custom made .5 micron pouch or .2 micron pouch

Use some granulars

2 Likes

I’ve had powders slip through 0.2 um before. Please don’t try it. Dabbing it could case serious problems for the person inhaling should there be media present in the extract.

There’s also the possibility of isomerization, which, again, defeats the whole purpose of making rosin.

If you need to CRC it (for whatever reason), just follow the regular guidelines for CRC. Don’t try and reinvent the wheel. No reason to deviate from trusted protocol at the risk of end users.

6 Likes

@Akoyeh i’m sure with proper r&d they could get a magic clay that won’t slip through and at the same time keep the ph in line to prevent isomerization. it could be helpful with older material and maybe there is a powder that’ll help slow down the fats and lipids from coming out allowing for less fats and lipids

2 Likes

That is not my understanding of how magic dirt works, which is not to say that using it for rosin is not possible, just highly unlikely. The risk to the end user is also higher than I’d care to see while doing R&D.

You ever use magic dirt, @Homegrown34?

5 Likes

@TheFeds

Looks like you got some cavity search competition. I hear 13 inch wide flashlights are a staple item at the CIA

My lord…
ROSIN!!!

1 Like

I guess you could fuck up anything :person_shrugging:
The point of rosin is to be solvent free extraction.

2 Likes