Can you crc rosin?

A little bit of terps is not nearly enough solvent for an adsorbent to work effectively. 25 microns is comparatively huge for what you need to use to remove powders safely. Combine that with the fact you’re also pulverizing the powder down smaller in a press so you’d still have to go back and filter it again well below 1 micron. It’s going to be dust at this point.

There’s just no way to combine these things that doesn’t involve dissolving it in a solvent to make it even be effective as well as safe for the end user. No offense but I think you’re missing some important pieces here. This idea would be very dangerous.

1 Like

Lol a rosin press that takes the pressed oil to a heated chute or heated chamber and that gets peristaltically pumped into a jacketed hot ethanol chamber with an explosion proof mixing head then everything gets released from a 2" tc at the bottom of the chamber to a filter stack and crc.

Overkill>just use butane.

1 Like

There goes the neighborhood.

10 Likes

Your best bet to trying this out would be a granular media with a sintered disk in a jacketed column set to 200f. You will waste as much as your media can absorb or absorb. Id imagine you would be able to clear the hot liquid from the column with nitrogen.

This sounds pretty dangerous fyi

2 Likes

Magic powder ? I thought we were using pine resin?emphasized text

…could just extract with ethanol

1 Like

Rosin bro. It will crash diamonds as it cools down famalam

3 Likes

Couldnt you squish the magic dirt/cannabinoid/terp solution through a sintered disk on the press?

5 Likes

I’m imagining the bottom plate being a custom rectangular sintered disk. There is a small divot to secure the rosin bag in the filter.

Media precoats the oil in a mixing bowl and is poured into a 25 micron rosin bag. Place the bag in the sintered disk and press

2 Likes

what about on the wash side like throw some dirt in when your ice water washing but you put it through a more advanced filter setup where it catches the heads in its respective micron filter and essentially keep sending water to push the media through that micron filter down to the sub micron filters where it can be later collected then some kind of low micron sintered to press out of.

It’d be interesting to see what colors medias would hold onto in water, anyone wanna filter some purple hash water through some magic dirt and tell us what it can hold onto with a solvent like water.

3 Likes

In my experience wetting clays will turn to mud and alumina gives off exothermic heat. Not sure if water will be a good solvent but perhaps with carbon?

I just thought about this more, the water never dissolves the oil so any interaction will be with dissolved impurities and surface collision with the oils. Not sure if that would do anything. Dissolving by means of ph adjustment sounds gnarly…

4 Likes

What exactly is your goal? you want water clear rosin? or you tryna take what would be brown and make it yellow/amber? I assume ya pressing trichs

Nah the “hackers” are just corporations faking it till they try making it

I’ve been thinking about comverting my line on my bubble magic to be able to have a sight glass and have everything bpa free and all that good stuff.

add anything other than heat and press it’s no longer rosin so no ethanol or any solvent for that matter or it’s not rosin anymore

1 Like

Does water count?

3 Likes

that’s good question being the world’s universal solvent

3 Likes

maybe the answer is in the sentence to a true rosin head
… solvent, water is one

I got a steak, fresh out the microwave for ya.

2 Likes

the stuff on the left is what were making, i cant get it to come out right. its a nice tangie but its always dark

the stuff on the right is my competition. i really have to nail this product drop. thanks for the help everyone

2 Likes